Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple will soon get rid of AMD GPU’s.
Then they will make their own GPU.
Just the same way, Apple got rid of Nvidia and Intel

AMD is the next one on trim hit list.
Yes, Apple will use AMD for now until AMD is no longer need it.

Once Apple make the transition to their so called Apple Silicon.

Most likely they will begin GPU development

So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.

So, essentially, this is a full 180 back to the days of the Motorola chips. Apple just decided that, considering their profit margins, they don't need economies of scale anymore.

OC-GenX is a good tool for open core it actually builds the correct config for your machine architecture.
Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 01.55.14.png

OC-GenX is a good tool for open core it actually builds the correct config for your machine architecture.View attachment 487585
Yes Pavo’s got some serious tools. But you will need xCode. Have you tested it in or tried to compile on a Ryzen Hackintosh?

OC-GenX isn't dependant on Xcode as this app is purely written in swift.

I dunno....until Acidanthera and Dortania are fully backing up these config tools, I prefer to do my own manual configuration of OC as the instructions seem to clearly suggest.

Anyone know what's new and improved in OC 6.1?

Anyone know what's new and improved in OC 6.1?
Release notes accompany each release. Let's not forget the leading 0 in 0.6.1.

Last edited:
I dunno....until Acidanthera and Dortania are fully backing up these config tools, I prefer to do my own manual configuration of OC as the instructions seem to clearly suggest.

If the moderators here on tonymacx86 are supporting it there is a good chance that it works fairly well. Also
I prefer to take the advice of the dude with 10,000+ posts and two of the most well-maintained builds on tonymacx86 and is partly responsible for getting TB3 to function very closely to a real mac.

I have a triple boot using clover, OSX, Win10 and Linux. Does OC support 3 booting options ?? Is OC visually like Clover or more like Grub ??

I have a triple boot using clover, OSX, Win10 and Linux. Does OC support 3 booting options ?? Is OC visually like Clover or more like Grub ??

Orignally it was only text base picker but because of lots of requests it has a visual picker also now. It does support multipul OS's but I think it is more difficult to configure then clover. I only boot MacOS some people use the bios to select different OS boot drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back