Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is another big breakthrough for AMD.

AC95A89C-20D0-4CAF-876F-C53C4A68C143.jpeg

yey to me!!!

Good news. Perhaps I shall rebuild a Ryzen system for a test run. If I decide to proceed, it will mostly likely be based on a Asus X370 motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1500X or 1600X.

Well this is another big breakthrough for AMD.

Saw this the other day found it very very Odd.. Both of the bikes look like the bought some old storage warehouse with old bikes in it rebranded them and put them on the market. The full suspension version is totally set up like a full-suspension bike from 15 years ago and the 3 gears on the crank is so 10 years ago.

FINALLY!
Edit: FYI, Clover works on Gigabyte boards. I installed vanilla macOS Catalina using UniBeast MONTHS ago and have been wanting to say something here! It's been Intel easy for close to a year now!
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.11.28 AM.png

Last edited:
This was an unavoidable development, necessary for TonyMacx86 to remain relevant in the Hackintosh community....however I find the AMD Hackintosh to be a weirdly overhyped phenomenon in the larger community.

An AMD Ryzen 9 3950X is about $750 while an Intel Core i9-9960X retails for about $900. Both of them 16-core/32-thread CPUs. For an extra $150 the Intel offers better OSX compatibility and peace of mind, while the AMD CPU has some potentially pretty massive issues running exactly the type of software that a user would want to on a machine that powerful.

An AMD Hackintosh is literally a hack of a hack!

Color me careful, but I'd rather pay a little extra and stick with Intel.

This was an unavoidable development, necessary for TonyMacx86 to remain relevant in the Hackintosh community...

Not sure how you figured this!! When you said:

AMD CPU has some potentially pretty massive issues running exactly the type of software that a user would want to on a machine that powerful.

An AMD Hackintosh is literally a hack of a hack!

The reality is that Intel and by proxy AMD is on its way out of being able to run macOS. In the future, it will be likely to be run under emulation if at all on PC hardware. As discussed in another Topic the Apple silicon SOC while based on ARM tech is not the same SOC that Samsung uses or any Windows laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back