1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
VERY good news
I'm using an AMD hackintosh with opencore and some patch thanks to the AMD OS X community and it works flawlessly

But when I see comments from gogeta-blue or midphase, I don't know if i will share my experience and make a build on this forum because of the community.
It's just hardware dude...
Sorry.

Hi there.

Two people are not this whole community. Like everyone else, they have their opinions and, within the site-rules, are allowed to express them. I am sure there are many that either agree or disagree.

You are welcome here and if you have a successful build, or you need help getting there, then do not be put off by others. We look forward to hearing more from you and about your build.

:)

Last edited:
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
VERY good news
I'm using an AMD hackintosh with opencore and some patch thanks to the AMD OS X community and it works flawlessly

But when I see comments from gogeta-blue or midphase, I don't know if i will share my experience and make a build on this forum because of the community.

WTH did I say?

Look, I'm glad that your Ryzentosh is working fine for you. But some Adobe apps simply don't work on Ryzentoshes -- Waves plugins don't work, Cubase doesn't work, Reaper doesn't work, and even Logic Pro exhibits some weird behavior.

Perhaps you don't use any of the affected apps, but I do...so for someone like myself I'd rather pay a bit extra for Intel and get full compatibility with the software that I need.

Here is a direct quote from Dortania which I tend to trust quite a lot when it comes to Hackintosh and OC:

"While AMD CPUs can work but we advise against them due to numerous issues still plaguing them as they're not natively supported."

LINK: Dortania - CPU's to avoid

All that I care about is that proper information is offered to people so that they can make an educated decision before they sink a bunch of cash into a CPU and mobo that will not work for what they need.

Regardless...if you want to share your build I don't understand why my posts should be a deterrent for you, nor why you're using me as a justification as to why you shouldn't do it.

Motherboard
Asus B550-I
CPU
Ryzen 3600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry, I didn’t want to hurt you.
When I read your message, I thought you said it doesn’t work.
I’m used to read this And I read too fast I think

don’t worry. It’s my fault :).

adobe apps work but if you don’t use plugins I think, I had very few crash but indeed, it can be annoying.
Affinity apps work far better
And Xcode works like a charm too (just a problem with AW simulator I think)
Blender is excellent
Wifi/by/continuity etc

the real problem on amd is the virtualization...
And you can’t use istat for example

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
But when I see comments from gogeta-blue

They are angry that Nvidia did not want to play nice with Apple and so they do not play anymore. They also think that everything they do not like about Apple's path is something Cook Cooked up to make them angry. Just ignore them most everyone else does. Midphase on the other hand only was pointing out that AMD Hack is a hack of a Hack.

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.
I am so happy that I meanwhile found nearby a Windows replacement for all my Mac Applications.

In just a month or two I have gone from preferentially booting to MacOS to Windows
Same here, I forced my self, it felt first like self-punishment. But after a time working with windows macOS dosen't feel that good anymore. The Windows GUI is faster, but looks less polished, and there are glitches in dark mode :)
Looks like it is a matter of preference, fast vs better looking.

One really great thing about windows is its native supported Scaling. I use a 49" Samsung curved display, which is not supported by macOS without hacking. So there is no scaling available .... Switching resolutions looks odd.
Under Windows however I can just switch it to 150 % and most things just look great and are useable / readable :)

I keep my Hackintosh and keep using it for Web Developement but I don't see any reason to update it anymore since anything I need works. But with the fast update cycles of apps even my Webdev stuff might nologer gets updateable anytime soon. Then I will recosider updating or simply switch my webdev stuff to ubuntu or even Windows with WSL2 if any issues has been fixed.

Another scenario would be that I buy a Apple Silicoin Mac if they offer a cool, high performance Mac.
But looking at Apple s history that is rather unlikely.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nice! Now maybe my profile info with AMD stuff won't be removed
All good. The only problem you've got is that your 2070 has no macOS support so you'll need a supported AMD card or some of the older Kepler Nvidia cards will still work. They are very old but can be a short term place holder. I've posted a Nvidia desktop graphics guide you can read in Desktop Comptability on this topic.

Motherboard
ASRock B550M
CPU
Ryzen 3600X
Graphics
RTX 2070 Super
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
All good. The only problem you've got is that your 2070 has no macOS support so you'll need a supported AMD card or some of the older Kepler Nvidia cards will still work. They are very old but can be a short term place holder. I've posted a Nvidia desktop graphics guide you can read in Desktop Comptability on this topic.
Thank you!!!
Yes I know... But for the moment it's more a gaming setup, so maybe later I will change to something that supports macOS ;)

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
later I will change to something that supports macOS
Great. We are very happy AMD is competing with Intel and Nvidia so that the latter two companies don't hold a monopoly in the desktop hardware market. It's much better for everyone that there is competition.