Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a 2400G with RX480 using OC 0.6.6.
fascinating, tat’s the thing w/ Ryzentosh
seems to be more versatile on accomodating older versions :)

too bad there’s some incompatibilities w/ certain apps

I believe I'm getting close to possibly full acceleration on the Atari VCS with Ryzen R1606G APU.

This is what I achieved recently.
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 10.24.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 10.26.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 10.27.03 AM.png
DRM is decoding on High Sierra build. Still no sound through the onboard AMD codec, but I could use a USB DAC for the sound.

Also, I want everyone to know a new discovery that I made recently...that I found AMD has ig-platform-ids
for both of my Ryzen-based systems (VCS with R1606G and B550 Vision D with 5900X) - and that THEY WORK in macOS with Opencore!

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 10.50.12 AM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-11-at-7.13.27-AM-2.png

For the Atari VCS as a test I just bunged in the signature ID in reverse order for CPU1Data in Opencore,
ie. 818F0100 and it worked!

Also, I want everyone to know a new discovery that I made recently...that I found AMD has ig-platform-ids
for both of my Ryzen-based systems (VCS with R1606G and B550 Vision D with 5900X) - and that THEY WORK in macOS with Opencore!

View attachment 518573

View attachment 518582

For the Atari VCS as a test I just bunged in the signature ID in reverse order for CPU1Data in Opencore,
ie. 818F0100 and it worked!
Yes I’ve ran video proC and rendered videos with my Athlon 3000g.
These APUs have a weird PCI layout. The graphics and audio are very close to the USB controllers. Adjusting one can throw the others off a byte or 02.

are you in Big Sur?

Yes I’ve ran video proC and rendered videos with my Athlon 3000g.
These APUs have a weird PCI layout. The graphics and audio are very close to the USB controllers. Adjusting one can throw the others off a byte or 02.

are you in Big Sur?
I am indeed.

Yes I heard that you'd enabled the hardware acceleration for the Athlon. Did you have to change any files in the S/L/E?

Not sure if you know, but in the VCS, it has two HD audio controllers (15E2 & 15E3) - one presumably for HDMI, and a multimedia controller/audio bus (15DE) and a streaming chip (AMDAFSD in Windows). The video graphics output itself is Picasso/Vega 3 (67B0), although enabling it via ACPI has revealed it comes up as (15DE) GFX0. When I disable Whatevergreen it comes up as VGA display. In Windows the HD audio device appears as (AA01).

it would be wonderfull to precise witch version of mac os . Thanks a lot

Last edited:
I am indeed.

Yes I heard that you'd enabled the hardware acceleration for the Athlon. Did you have to change any files in the S/L/E?

Not sure if you know, but in the VCS, it has two HD audio controllers (15E2 & 15E3) - one presumably for HDMI, and a multimedia controller/audio bus (15DE) and a streaming chip (AMDAFSD in Windows). The video graphics output itself is Picasso/Vega 3 (67B0), although enabling it via ACPI has revealed it comes up as (15DE) GFX0. When I disable Whatevergreen it comes up as VGA display. In Windows the HD audio device appears as (AA01).
The audio is very strange indeed. AMD bios for the desktop boards has a dual personality. If graphics APU is set to auto I have alc887 mostly working (headphones, speaker out, HDMI for Nvidia gt710), but if set to "force" the codec disappears and only HDMI is functional. The Audio is clear as well, no need to use Chrome as a browser.

Question: Do the laptops or your Atari have any bios settings for Auto vs Force (set Ram amount)?

The audio is very strange indeed. AMD bios for the desktop boards has a dual personality. If graphics APU is set to auto I have alc887 mostly working (headphones, speaker out, HDMI for Nvidia gt710), but if set to "force" the codec disappears and only HDMI is functional. The Audio is clear as well, no need to use Chrome as a browser.

Question: Do the laptops or your Atari have any bios settings for Auto vs Force (set Ram amount)?
Oh right. That's interesting...

Yes I do, it has AMD CBS GFX configuration in the Atari, not HP laptop. But the Atari has an option to enable or disable Azalia mode, and also ability to choose auto or enabled Azalia in another different setting. Under the Audio IO setting I also have Auto, TDM plus a handful of SoundWire options. I can also configure the TDP settings from 6W settings all the way to 54W POR Configuration (9 Embedded - whatever that means).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back