Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good! I am already using Ryzen 3800 CPU + Gigabyte B450M AORUS ELITE + Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT without issues with OpenCore & Catalina. Of Course, my 10 years of experience with Intel CPUs were helpful to solve the issues.

Yay, my Threadripper 3970x is a beast, 32 cores & 64 threads. Took a while to get it running bare metal, Catalina & Big Sur.

Let's hope @CaseySJ gets one of these at some point as he is so good at helping others out. I wouldn't have the patience. Mind you, I don't think he would have the time considering the other threads he is running. He must operate on 1 hour sleep a day :)

I have had to be on another site, not insanelymac, but a small group of us are getting there, slowly.

Last edited:
It's good! I am already using Ryzen 3800 CPU + Gigabyte B450M AORUS ELITE + Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT without issues with OpenCore & Catalina. Of Course, my 10 years of experience with Intel CPUs were helpful to solve the issues.
feel free to create a guide :)

This is huge!! This will attract even more new hackintoshers who are using AMD and are interested in running macOS! :)

Personally, I'm going to follow the development of AMD mobos with Thunderbolt, even though they don't get certification from Intel. They do work!

I'm happy for all the AMD users. This is a good call.

What's the current state of Adobe CC with Ryzen- does anyone here know? There's been talk of getting things working with patches. That's probably the main reason I stick with Intel in my hackintosh builds, once I heard about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back