i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I hope someone can help me, I'm already out of options

Quick backstory: I installed macOS to run Xcode and the iOS emulators, alongside Android Studio and it's emulators as well because I'm a mobile developer.

The problem: the Android emulator doesn't work at all, stuck at a black screen upon opening

What have I tried: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ept-black-screen-and-adb-devices-shows-device everything suggested on this page, and also other StackOverflow related questions. I read the emulator logs, everything looks fine, no warnings, no errors, host GPU working, HAXM working, etc. I don't really know why it doesn't work.

Some more info: some of the iOS emulators work fine, for example, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s emulators, but the larger screens iPhones like the iPhone 8, iPhone X, the iPad emulator all of those doesn't work and I get a "SpringBoard quit unexpectedly" error message.

My PC info:
CPU: Pentium G4560
GPU: GTX 750 1GB
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
Storage: SSD 120 GB
Graphics driver: NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.30.106

And if you read it till here, thank you very much for at least trying to understand my problem.
Any help is really appreciated.

Read the rules, in particular the one about profiles.

I found a clue. Although the HAXM reports to be working, as shown below:

accel:
HAXM version 6.2.1 (4) is installed and usable.
accel​

When I disable the acceleration the emulator works, but as expected, extremely slow. I have the VT-d disabled in the BIOS and Intel Virtualization Technology enabled.

I also found the reason for the black screen. It's a kernel panic, and the emulator keeps rebooting and that's why I don't have a crash nor it closes.

Hi Eduardo, did you fix it ? I have the same issue, xcode simulator works well, but Android emulator not working, stucks at black screen.

I've tryied to use bluestacks, but Android studio not detecting. Only works on windows.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-07-14 a la(s) 2.40.38 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-07-14 a la(s) 2.40.38 p.m..png
    98.4 KB · Views: 391
Hi Eduardo, did you fix it ? I have the same issue, xcode simulator works well, but Android emulator not working, stucks at black screen.

I've tryied to use bluestacks, but Android studio not detecting. Only works on windows.
Hello. Nope, I didn't manage to fix it. My hypothesis is that my processor (Pentium G4560) has some compatibility problem with the macOS. I believe that if I replace it with a core i series processor (e.g. i5, i7) it should solve the problem.

I have Intel core i7, 7 Generation. hackintosh kabylake.
I don't think it's related with processor, I think it could be with graphic card, But I'm not sure.

@StackMain, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back