Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

There's also the 5600XT as well as the budget dGPU, 5500XT but I'm not sure what options and prices - if any - you might have for those two versions in Argentina.
Thanks, I'm selling my gtx 1080 to switch for an 5700 xt, meanwhile Im working with a GT 710 1gb.
And I have a question. I do not see any movement on GPU history of my IGPU, should it be showing something?
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 14.47.25.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 14.55.49.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 14.55.49.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 109
These guides are really valuable for those of us who don't have the time to piece together all of this information. Thanks.

Thanks for this detailed guide!
My system doesn't have iGPU (i7-4930K with Rampage IV and GTX1080ti on High Sierra). Should I install WhateverGreen anyway, if so what's the benefit? I am not getting hardware acceleration in High Sierra.
Thanks for your help!

Hi @jaymonkey , first of all, thank you for your guild.
I have question related to Catalina only 7mb with iGPU (Intel HD4600)

I've tried everything I can (until now):
  1. removed IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup.... I don't have these kexts
  2. install latest Lilu, WEG, AppleALC in Clover/kexts/Other
  3. removed:
    1. Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
    2. Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
    3. Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
  4. Use hackintool to generate Devices properties same as to mention in this thread: Special note on desktop HD 4600 IGPU
  5. SMBIOS to imac14,x (14.1, 14.2, 14.3 try all)
  6. IGPU DVMT pre-allocation memory Size -> 128mb
Still no luck. macOS boot stuck at tx_flush:1028: xid 1169 tx_stats #28 finish 20 enter 349 wait 0us close 0us flush 44646us...

Any suggestions so far?

Last edited:
@blackberry4311,

I am not familiar with that error, are you sure that it is related to the IGPU ?

Generally for a Z97 system, setting the PlatformID to 0x0D220003 (Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200) and device-id to 0x0412 (Intel HD 4600) while using a iMac 14,X SMBIOS should result in HD 4600 IGPU working.

You could try switching to the iMac15,1 SMBIOS which is a better match for your CPU although that SMBIOS does expect a AMD dGPU to be installed in the system it does still work if you don't have one.

Cheers
Jay

Hi @jaymonkey, thank you for your reply.

I am not familiar with that error, are you sure that it is related to the IGPU ?
I think so because when removing the props key, the system can boot normally.

I'm tried with Imac15,1 but still no luck, I just remove some other key in Devices/Properties, keep only AAPL,ig-platform-id, and device-id, macos can boot. But still 7mb IGPU.
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.47.11 AM.png

I notice that in hackintool, it detect another GPU device ID, can you give a hint?
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.48.29 AM.png

I'm tried with Imac15,1 but still no luck, I just remove some other key in Devices/Properties, keep only AAPL,ig-platform-id, and device-id, macos can boot. But still 7mb IGPU.
View attachment 491761

I notice that in hackintool, it detect another GPU device ID, can you give a hint?
Try the code below as ig-platform-id if you have iGPU only.
Code:
0300220D
Try the code below if you have dGPU and want iGPU to work with it together like real iMacs.
Code:
Remove device-id as it is used to fake iGPU when you have unsupported CPU. So, you don't need it. It is confusing the MacOS and that's why it is detected in Hackintool.

Use newer iMac15,1 as SMBIOS, it is working fine even if you have Nvidia dGPU.

Last edited:
I'm trying to play with my layout ids for my audio as I'm not getting 5.1 surround with my ALC1220 chipset. I'm trying to follow the directions you have for moving to device properties instead of the legacy clover injection. I had the old setting injecting layout 2. When I ran hackintool, and selected the sound tab, my codec showed up like you show with the drop down for the valid layout ids, etc.

Then you say to do this:
Code:
Now edit your config.plist and set the string value of "Clover/Devices/Audio/Inject" to "No"
Save the changes and reboot your PC.

Boot back into macOS and run Hackintool (make sure that it is up-to-date)
Use the following procedure to generate the Audio Device Properties and add them your config.plist :-

But when I do that, then after reboot and I go into hackintool, the audio device is no longer there, so there isn't any way to proceed. I'm thinking I need to put back in the inject 2, reboot, then use hackintool to generate the proper code for the device property, set it, then remove the audio inject value and reboot.

This is Catalina 10.15.7 running on a Gigabyte H270N-WIFI mobo.

Last edited:
I am running a nuc8i5beh, with catalina 10.15.6. I use kext updater to periodically check and copy any updates to the efi partition on my drive. That has not been giving me troubles till recently. When I copied over appleALC 1.50 and rebooted I no longer had sound and it looks like the internal sound was not recognized. I copied back appleALC 1.49 and the sound worked fine.

I set up a USB drive with a full copy of my EFI file to see if I can setup config.plist to work with an updated version of the kext. I went through the Idiot’s guide to Lilu and its plugins, but so far I have not been successful. I tried all of the ID variations that Hackintool allows, but none of them work.

As soon as I revert to my old config file and kext version, the sound is back.

The attached zip has both the old config that works with 1.49 of appleALC, and the new one that I tried for the latest versions.

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• configs.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 84
@Richtw,

Sounds like your doing everything right and if you have tried all Layout ID's then my guess is that the latest release of AppleALC has broken support for the codec your NUC uses. This sort of thing has happened in the past with other Codec support and is usually resolved with the next release.

Best bet would be to report the issue on the official acidanthera dev teams bug tracker :-

Revert to using the last release until you know the issues has been addressed,

Cheers
Jay

Back