Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Hey JayMonkey,

Great guide, I've been away from Hackintoshing for a while so I have Noob question. I notice in the guide you say to place the kexts in Other on the EFi partition. Previously they were place in 10.8 10.9 10.10 and so on. I was wondering has this changed with Clover or is it part of Lilu.

@interpolgp,

The only reason to use a Clover kext folder named after a MacOS version (EG 10.10.X) is if you need to boot different versions of MacOS from the same EFI and they need different kexts, in which case Clover will use the matching set of kexts for the version of MacOS booted.

This is a legacy feature of Clover and almost no one needs to do that these days.

Putting the kexts in "other" means that the kexts are non version specific and will be used by all versions of MacOS.

Almost all 3rd party kexts these days are non-version specific so just put them all in the "other" folder, that way you can update MacOS and not have to worry about creating new folders and moving kexts.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you very much for all the effort you put into this guide! I'm trying to get my HD4600 working with your guide but I'm not sure if I'm using the Hackintool correctly because I'm always getting an "empty" patch.

Here are my settings:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 19.35.10.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 19.35.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 19.35.39.png

I'm running Catalina 10.15.5 and at the moment I can not get the hardware acceleration of HD4600 to work.

I've describe the problem in more detail right here:

I don't get what I'm doing wrong. :(

@jaymonkey - incredibly well-written guide. Great info for the novice and the experienced hacker. Thank you!

@jaymonkey Any ideas on the empty properties dict when trying to generate the graphics patch for my HD4600? (described 2 posts ago)

Any ideas on the empty properties dict when trying to generate the graphics patch for my HD4600?

@droid-mac,

It can either mean Lilu and/or WEG are not loading correctly or that some elements of the IGPU in your ACPI tables are missing. Also make sure that IMEI is present .... many guides on lesser external sites have the user disable the IMEI which is bound to cause issues in MacOS.

Cheers
Jay

EDIT: managed to restore my previous clover....

Last edited:
@jaymonkey Any ideas on the empty properties dict when trying to generate the graphics patch for my HD4600? (described 2 posts ago)
didi you try to update your bios with a recent version (one that you can't revert back from ) without Matestomy's RTC patch? I had the same symptoms until I added the patch, and then refalshed the bios. ... I should have stayed on 3.4 but hey...

Last edited:
didi you try to update your bios with a recent version (one that you can't revert back from ) without Matestomy's RTC patch? I had the same symptoms until I added the patch, and then refalshed the bios. ... I should have stayed on 3.4 but hey...

and by the way @jaymonkey, as soon as I disable IGPUmultimonitor it gives me that same screen...but the I enable it I don't get the intel generation question marks and gpuu names questions marks

Attachments

• mp1.1devicepropigpumulitdisabled.png
    mp1.1devicepropigpumulitdisabled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • mp1.1igpumultidisabled.png
    mp1.1igpumultidisabled.png
    318.6 KB · Views: 76
@grugattony Mhh haven't updated the bios. I got the same bios running Sierra perfectly. I even have done a clean install of Catalina but the problem with the HD4600 remains. I can't get it to load accelerated. I'm out of ideas of how to get the iGPU back to work.

Back