Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

@r2tincan,

Sorry I only just noticed your running a X299 system ......
Probably best if you try to get help from one of the X299 gurus such as @KPG
He has a GitHub repo for his X299 builds here :-

Within that repo is a SSDT for Radeon VII on X299 system, that might be worth looking at ...

Cheers
Jay
Thanks, I think he "quit" the scene!

Am getting no positive results.(Hackintool.png)

And generate patch doesn't work?(Hackintool2.png)

Can someone help me please?

I am still getting 7VRAM.

See plist file: I use intelGFX:0x12345678. Because if i remove this i get a boot freeze error (Kextd stall[0] 60s IGPU)

Attachments

• Hackintool.png
    Hackintool.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Hackintool 2.png
    Hackintool 2.png
    823.9 KB · Views: 66
  • config-upload.plist 2.zip
    3 KB · Views: 64
Hi there,

from the first page (AppleALC part): "define "layout-id" as a custom Device Property"

Where would I do that? In Clover configurator? Then how exactly. There are many fields in the device tab and this device, key, value stuff confuses me. Or should I add something to config.plist by hand? Then what exactly?

Thank you all very much

from the first page (AppleALC part): "define "layout-id" as a custom Device Property" ..... Where would I do that?

@nippie,

layout-id needs to be defined as device property under the sub key for your Audio codec (which will be a PCI path)
For example on my HP Spectre X360 laptop that section of my config.plist looks like this :-

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cKEAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

If you know the PCI path of your Audio Codec then you could manually add this info to your config.plist using a Plist editor or Clover Configurator. The easy way is to follow "Method 2" of the guide and use Hackintool to generate the patch code and then copy and pate the patch code into your config.plist using a code editor (I use BBEdit).

Note: Only the PCIroot key of the audio codec and the layout-id are actually necessary, however if you use hackintool to generate the patch code then it will generate some additional device properties which are mainly used for info.

I believe that Hackintool can add the generated patch code to your config.plist directly but its a feature i've never used as I don't like apps messing with my config.plist, I like to always edit my config.plist in a code editor so i know what has been added/removed ..etc.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey I am trying to set up headless mode on OpenCore but Metal headless shows still no? Any idea why?

IGPU enabled in BIOS
PEG primary
MultiDisplay Enabled

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 19.43.13.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 19.43.31.png

The easy way is to follow "Method 2" of the guide and use Hackintool to generate the patch code and then copy and pate the patch code into your config.plist using a code editor (I use BBEdit).

Ah! Got it. In fact I tried following method 2. Problem is I totally misinterpreted your guide:

After installing AppleALC + Lilu reboot and edit your config.plist and set the string value of "Clover/Devices/Audio/Inject" to "No" and define "layout-id" as a custom Device Property. You can now use Hackintool to generate the Audio Device Property code for you

I read this as:
1.) Install and reboot
2.) Edit your config.plist
3.) use Hackintool to do something after that

So I did not even read on after 2.) because I could not perform 2.). Maybe other people are stupid like me as well. To help them out maybe you could rephrase that to:

After installing AppleALC + Lilu reboot. You can now use Hackintool to generate the Audio Device Property and add it to your config.plist and set the string value of "Clover/Devices/Audio/Inject" to "No".

Or something like that...

Thanks a lot anyway.

Best,
Nicky

And it is me again. I do not have any entries in the "Sound" tab of Hackintool. What could be possible reasons for that? I followed the guide on page 1 exactly on the steps with using hackingtool to install lilu.kext and applealc.kext

If this helps: This is a clean Catalina install. Audio is the first thing I tried to get working. I realized there is no multibeast for catalina yet. That is the reason why I started messing with manual installing in the first place.

Best,
Nicky

Ah! Got it. In fact I tried following method 2. Problem is I totally misinterpreted your guide .... maybe other people are stupid like me as well. To help them out maybe you could rephrase that

@nippie,

Thank you for your feedback i will rephrase that part of the guide per your suggestion.

Cheers
Jay

I do not have any entries in the "Sound" tab of Hackintool. What could be possible reasons for that?

@nippie,

Possible reasons for no sound devices ....
  • Lilu and/or AppleALC have not loaded correctly (Check your IOREG as per the guides trouble shooting section)
  • Missing AHCI device (you may have to add AHCI renames to your config.plist if Lilu and/or AppleALC do not do it)
  • HPET not enabled (see guides trouble shooting section)
  • Invalid or Incorrect layout-id used (tray a different one)
Cheers
Jay

I am trying to set up headless mode on OpenCore but Metal headless shows still no? Any idea why?

IGPU enabled in BIOS, PEG primary, MultiDisplay Enabled

@telepati,

Your BIOS settings are correct so this is down to IGPU configuration in your MacOS Bootloader.
I don't have much experience with the open core boot loader as I've only experimented with it for a shot time and I still use Clover for all my systems.

However the procedure should be similar to using Clover ....

Make sure you have Lilu + WEG installed ... i would first try to see if WEG's auto detect/auto configure works so all you do is install the kexts and let WG do its thing. (do not define any custom device properties)

If the auto detect/ auto configure does not work then you will need to define custom device properties for the IGPU, make sure you are injecting a headless PlatformID that is correct for the CPU generation that you have.

Cheers
Jay

Back