Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

I have the little volcanic icon within Hackintool -> Patch -> Connectors appearing

@yiannisp,

Look closely at the what you describe as a "volcanic icon" ..... do you see a small image of an upper body and shoulders but the head is missing ? .... it's a fun little easer egg put in there by the developer of Hackintool (@headkaze) ... it means the IGPU is "Headless" :)

headless-icon.png

Hackintool Info either doesn't show anymore the Metal Support of the IGPU or there is a problem with the IGPU, IORegistry explorer has no entry for IGPU, IOReg | grep IMEI returns no results (grep HECI does though)

If "IGPU" is not in the IOREG then it is not configured correctly and MacOs will be unable to use it.
You can also tell this as Hackintool is reporting "???" for the IGPU name and 0x00000000 as the PlatformID.

One other observation i can see is that the AMD dGPU should have a device name of "GFX0" (you have "PEG0").
WEG should have renamed that (and configured the IGPU correctly) ... so the first thing I would do is make sure WEG is actually loading correctly by searching for it in the IOREG.

If its not in the IOREG then you need to resolve that issue before doing anything else, if "WhateverGreen" is in the IOREG then it's loaded but the auto detect/auto config method for WEG is not working which is not uncommon with HD4600 and the Intel Azul Framebuffer.

In this case I recommend that you use the manual method to inject the correct device properties for your IGPU as detailed in the "Headless PlatformID section of the guide" :-

That section of the guide uses HD 4600 in the examples so it should be fairly straight forwards for you to follow.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I didn't follow your guide correctly because if I put "Inject" to 'NO' then I get the black screen. I'm totally confused.

@vegaline,

Thats very strange ... it might suggest that AppleALC (or Lilu) is not loading correctly (or they are loading and exiting) and the system is relying on just Clover to inject the layout ... if true then it might explain your issue.

Try searching the IOREG for "Lilu" and "AppleALC" if they are not present then the kexts are not loading correctly"

Also check the "HDEF" device in the IOREG, make sure that the property "alc-layout-id" matches the target layout you want to use for your codec and that "layout-id" is set to 7.

This is explained in the "Trouble Shooting AppleALC" section of the guide. :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

I blame my lack of imagination for not realising the headless easter egg!

As per your instructions, I checked IOREG and found mention of WEG.

I was absolutely certain I had everything correct in my BIOS settings, but went ahead and checked again.
Instead of PEG, I had selected PCIE for Primary Display Adapter.

Tracing back in my head, after the Catalina update, I was booting onto a black screen and was trying several remedies. This might have been the time I altered this setting. (it took me two days to troubleshoot this problem. I ended up using HDMI instead of DP, since none of the 3 DP work in Catalina).

Long story short, everything works as expected.

I even went ahead and added the shiki boot arguments and both TV+ and Safari DRM playback are operational.

I cannot thank you enough, for your time, your prompt and accurate answer, but mostly for your giving attitude: be it with your guides, your patience, and polite way of replying.

@vegaline,

Thats very strange ... it might suggest that AppleALC (or Lilu) is not loading correctly (or they are loading and exiting) and the system is relying on just Clover to inject the layout ... if true then it might explain your issue.

Try searching the IOREG for "Lilu" and "AppleALC" if they are not present then the kexts are not loading correctly"

Also check the "HDEF" device in the IOREG, make sure that the property "alc-layout-id" matches the target layout you want to use for your codec and that "layout-id" is set to 7.

This is explained in the "Trouble Shooting AppleALC" section of the guide. :-

Cheers
Jay
Thank you Jay for the effort. Actually I’m not able to check it, because of I’m abroad. But I thik is’s can be the problem. Thank you again and I’l back to you next week.
Cheers
Vegaline

Is there any update to this guide since Catalina 10.15.3 update? Stork says,
"Starting in February 2020, Apple will "clamp down" on non Apple approved kexts. So, update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, placing them in your /EFI/.../Clover/kexts/other/. Remove these kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ folder. If you haven't already, move any other hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/ folder to the .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder. Then run the following Terminal command to rebuild the macOS cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches"

My audio is broken since I updated and I can't get in fixed. I've tried the above and no success.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 9.20.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 9.20.12 AM.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 71
Does the latest version of multibeast (mojave) automatically install Lilu when I select to install WEG, FakeSMC, and AppleALC? And in the right locations? to be able to run RX 580.

Last edited:
Does the latest version of multibeast (mojave) automatically install Lilu when I select to install WEG, FakeSMC, and AppleALC? And in the right locations? to be able to run RX 580.

@littyboy,

I don't use Multibeast so I can't answer about how and where it install things, as for if it has the latest versions ... it will depend on if the update cycle of the acidanthera kexts (eg Lilu, Weg, AppleALC) co-insides with an update to Multibeast.

I always download the acidanthera kexts from the relevant github repo (see the guide at post #1 for links or use Hackintool) that way you always know which version you are installing.

Cheers
Jay

Is there any update to this guide since Catalina 10.15.3 update? Stork says, "Starting in February 2020, Apple will "clamp down" on non Apple approved kexts.

@dkp913,

Everything is working for me just fine with Catalina 10.15.3 on multiple Hacks with all 3rd party kexts installed in /L/E see my post in the 10.15.3 update thread for more info :-

If or when Apple do clamp down on kexts i don't think it is going to be much of a problem. The same alarm bells and panic posts where made when Apple announced that all kexts must be signed.

We negate that by setting CSRActiveConfig ..... see this post for full details :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
hello guys, i'm new, but have successfully installed mac on my lenovo y720. I have Catalina, all works fine. After installed M.2: BCM94352Z i got worked wi/fi and BT. AirDrop, FaceTime worked. I don'n know why but AirPlay, Handoff, Continuity don't work with BT, i tried to install BT4LEContiunityFixup but nothing changes.

Attachments

• debug_17177.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
Problem is solved.

Upd. I remove all Kext enables for WiFI and BT, for me is AirportBCRMFixup, BrcmPatchRAM3, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmBluetoothInjector.
Then reboot
after logging out from iCloud
then install BrcmPatchRAM3, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmBluetoothInjector, AirportBCRMFixup to /l/e
reboot
and logging back iCloud.

Last edited:
Back