Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

What would you recommend if moving non apple kexts to E/C/K/O in respect of Whatevergreen, Lilu and Sound?

@Humanate,

If your going to Inject your kext's with Clover then you should copy all required 3rd party kexts to /E/C/K/O this includes Lilu and all its plugins such as WhatEverGreen and AppleLC.

If Lilu is not in the same folder then none of the plugins will work.

And of course you should remove the kexts from /L/E if not done so already.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I have a strange problem with hackintool after updating to 10.15.3 ... let me explain better: when I try to install the kexts in L/E by previously deactivating the gatekeeper, hackintool asks me with what name I want to save them in the destination folder (L/E of course), if I choose for example the name of one of the kext, like: lilu.kext, hackintool saves them all within the Lilu.kext package ... ???? !!! ??? !!
the only way is to install one at a time.:eek:

I have a strange problem with hackintool after updating to 10.15.3 ... let me explain better: when I try to install the kexts in L/E by previously deactivating the gatekeeper, hackintool asks me with what name I want to save them in the destination folder (L/E of course), if I choose for example the name of one of the kext, like: lilu.kext, hackintool saves them all within the Lilu.kext package ... ???? !!! ??? !!
the only way is to install one at a time.:eek:

@lucke77,

That is a strange issue ... not one i've ever seen before.

I've just checked the change log for Hackintool and @headkaze says the following :-

Hackintool support thread said:
using the Tools->Install kext(s) feature now opens a save panel so you can select the location

I think all you need to do is select the folder you want to install the kexts into, so in your case you would select /L/E. If you select a specific kext then it will install them within the kext bundle which is not what you want to do.

If you still have issues then it's probably best that you post on the official Hackintool thread and mark it for the attention of @headkaze :-

Cheers
Jay

I followed this guide and was able to enable my internal graphics (Intel HD 4000) with my RX 560 Graphics card. H.264 encoding and decoding is working. Is there anyway to activate H.265 or HEVC? The RX 560 Graphics Card is supposed to support this. Please help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.13.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.13.16 AM.png
    125 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.15.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.15.16 AM.png
    119 KB · Views: 72
I followed this guide and was able to enable my internal graphics (Intel HD 4000) with my RX 560 Graphics card. H.264 encoding and decoding is working. Is there anyway to activate H.265 or HEVC? The RX 560 Graphics Card is supposed to support this. Please help.

@xianghu,

When using MacOs and basic encode/decode apps (such as VideoProc) the system will be using Intel Quick Sync (IQS) for video encode/decode and not the AMD dGPU. Your 3rd gen i3 CPU/IGPU only supports H264 so MacOS will use the video toolbox software encoder/decoder for H265.

More advanced apps such as FCPX can use the AMD GPU for H265.

H265 encode/decode via IQS is only available on Skylake and later CPU's/IGPU's.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@xianghu,

When using MacOs and basic encode/decode apps (such as VideoProc) the system will be using Intel Quick Sync (IQS) for video encode/decode and not the AMD dGPU. Your 3rd gen i3 CPU/IGPU only supports H264 so MacOS will use the video toolbox software encoder/decoder for H265.

More advanced apps such as FCPX can use the AMD GPU for H265.

H265 encode/decode via IQS is only available on Skylake and later CPU's/IGPU's.

Cheers
Jay

So when using Final Cut Pro then, is there anyway I can get smooth playbook on videos recorded in H.265? Currently, when I play H.265 videos in final cut it is very choppy and laggy.

Thank u

So when using Final Cut Pro then, is there anyway I can get smooth playbook on videos recorded in H.265? Currently, when I play H.265 videos in final cut it is very choppy and laggy.

@xianghu,

H.265 is a highly compressed format and does not play well in any video editing system.

It is better to convert H.265 to the Apple pro res codec first then it will play much better in FCPX and you can make your edits easily and smoothly, thats what i do.

FCPX can automatically convert imported media to pro res when you do the import if you go into the project settings.

It's also important to remember that FCPX (like all Video editing systems) only use the dGPU for effects and transitions (anything that can use tile based rendering) it is not used for transcoding.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
It's a gorgeous post. Thank you for publishing.
May I have a question? A few weeks ago I decided to install Catalina on my hackintosh. Everything went well my system seems to be stable. Except one thing. If I have optical audio output the system reboots several times. If the system don't has the optical audio output everything is fine, there is no random reboot.I've tried many different settings without any acceptable result.
Is there anybody who has the same problem?

Back