Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

My config is i7 8700K Gigabyte Z370M D3H

@ori69,

Please update your hardware profile or signature in your account settings with this information so that the same miss understanding does not happen again.

i7 8700K on Z370 motherboard should work well with iMac 19,1 SMBIOS running either High Sierra or Mojave depending on type of dGPU (if you have one, if so please add to your hardware profile ) ..

Cheers
Jay

Hi there!

I just finished installing a High Sierra 10.13.6 build with UEFI Clover r4630. I followed the standard guide for the Unibeast/Multibeast part (Audio codecs excluded) and then used Lilu + AppleALC for the Audio (following the device/properties method).

Everything seemed to work great but now, after a couple of restarts, the audio interface (even though it is displayed correctly) does not work (there's no sound, at all. The volume slider works correctly though and if I connect the headphones, the system displays the "headphones" line).

I tried to follow both methods (audio device and device/properties) from this guide with no avail.
Any thoughts?

1564138731308.png

Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cJ0AAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>

1564138957334.png

Just a couple of additional infos:

- I've generated the SSDT with pikessdt script
- Nvidia web drivers have been installed with the vulgo/webdriver.sh script that requires the WhateverGreen and the ngfxcompat=1 boot argument
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext have been used to unlock the full potential of the integrated Wi-Fi card
- Everything seems to work correctly (USB ports, graphics, Wifi card, Continuity and so on). Only the audio is missing, for some reasons
- I have tried all the available layout IDs

Thank you very much

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Hi there!

I just finished installing a High Sierra 10.13.6 build with UEFI Clover r4630. I followed the standard guide for the Unibeast/Multibeast part (Audio codecs excluded) and then used Lilu + AppleALC for the Audio (following the device/properties method).

Everything seemed to work great but now, after a couple of restarts, the audio interface (even though it is displayed correctly) does not work (there's no sound, at all. The volume slider works correctly though and if I connect the headphones, the system displays the "headphones" line).

I tried to follow both methods (audio device and device/properties) from this guide with no avail.
Any thoughts?

View attachment 418624

Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cJ0AAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>

View attachment 418625

Just a couple of additional infos:

- I've generated the SSDT with pikessdt script
- Nvidia web drivers have been installed with the vulgo/webdriver.sh script that requires the WhateverGreen and the ngfxcompat=1 boot argument
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext have been used to unlock the full potential of the integrated Wi-Fi card
- Everything seems to work correctly (USB ports, graphics, Wifi card, Continuity and so on). Only the audio is missing, for some reasons
- I have tried all the available layout IDs

Thank you very much

Set your Layout ID to 1 in Clover Settings: Devices --> Audio --> Inject: 1
Restart

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-26 um 13.32.44.png

Update: Remove all the Devices Properties. ALC1150 should work only with Lilu + AppleALC and inject 1

Last edited:
I just finished installing a High Sierra 10.13.6 build with UEFI Clover r4630.... Everything seemed to work great but now, after a couple of restarts, the audio interface (even though it is displayed correctly) does not work (there's no sound, at all.

@pierix83,

Your device properties in your config.plist look correct.

Check that AppleALC is loading correctly using the method detailed towards the end of Chapter 5 of the guide.

You should also read the section on checking that HPET is enabled and patched if necessary.
Might also be worth re-installing Lilu + AppleALC, ensure that the kext cache is rebuilt.

Cheers
Jay

@pierix83,

Your device properties in your config.plist look correct.

Check that AppleALC is loading correctly using the method detailed towards the end of Chapter 5 of the guide.

You should also read the section on checking that HPET is enabled and patched if necessary.
Might also be worth re-installing Lilu + AppleALC, ensure that the kext cache is rebuilt.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you very much. I fiddled with Clover and installed the latest available 2.4 release and seems to be working for now. I'll keep you updated :)

Hello there,

I've followed this guide to try to fix my 7MB iGPU problem. It doesn't want to work whatever I try. Can you notice what's going wrong?
My system: i5-6400 (HD 530) - Q170 motherboard
I enabled Inject Intel, because without it, the video signal shuts off. It doesn't do this with iMac 14.2 configuration, but my 17.1 is a better fit for the Skylake processor.
I've got Lilu and Whatevergreen in L/E, AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer in S/L/E.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 96
@drizzle,

If you going to use Lilu + WhatEverGreen to configure the IGPU the you should not use any IGPU settings in your config.plsit (you have Inject Intel + ig-platform-id) as it can cause a conflict.

I suspect that you need to patch the frame buffer connector types so that they match the physical connector types on your motherboard.

For more info and how to do it you should use @CaseySJ's excellent guide on the subject :-

If your unable to get a display working in order to make the changes then you can use screen share from another Mac/Hack and do it that way.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey
Wooow....
It's fixed!
It's embarrassing to say for how long I've been looking to solve this issue, and you helped me fix it in 10 minutes.
The solution was to change display port output. Got the idea from the intro of the guide you shared.
Big thanks!

Back