Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

The headless config.plist patch created by Hackintool for my system (i4790k/HD4600) names my GPU "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen. . ." Hackintool settings: Haswell 0x04120004 with patch options "DeviceProperties/Graphics Device" and "Spoof Video Device ID: 0x0412: Intel HD Graphics 4600." Why doesn't the patch name the GPU "Intel HD Graphics 4600?" It's working, just curious about the naming. Thanks - nice guide!

The headless config.plist patch created by Hackintool for my system (i4790k/HD4600) names my GPU "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen. . ." Hackintool settings: Haswell 0x04120004 with patch options "DeviceProperties/Graphics Device" and "Spoof Video Device ID: 0x0412: Intel HD Graphics 4600." Why doesn't the patch name the GPU "Intel HD Graphics 4600?"

@rj985,

Like the PCI device descriptions, the IGPU model name comes from an online device database, with CPU's & IGPU's these tend to be the name of the intel architecture of that generation rather than a specific IGPU Type.

You can change the model name to whatever you like by editing the string value of "model"

For example :-

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>HD Graphics 4600</string>

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for this incredibly useful guide. I've installed Lilu and AppleALC kexts to L/E(repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache). I've tried both the methods for AppleALC and neither have worked.

My audio devices tab under Hackingtool is completely empty as shown below:
Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 9.59.42 PM.png

A search for HDEF turns up empty in IORegisteryExplorer as expected. Here is how that looks:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 10.01.04 PM.png

But the funny thing is that I can find HDEF in MaciASL( can't find HDAS or AZAL). Here is a screenshot of that:
Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 10.01.38 PM.png

I've also generated a debug report and attached that below.

I can get the sound to work only via bluetooth earphones currently.

Here are my laptop specs in case you need them as well. I'm currently dual booting with Windows 10:

HP Spectre X360(2015)
Intel Core i7 5500u + Intel HD Graphics 5500
I think my soundcard is Realtek ALC 286(not sure though).

Please let me know if you need anything else as I'm very new here and this is my first hackintosh.Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_27745.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 77
I've installed Lilu and AppleALC kexts to L/E(repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache). I've tried both the methods for AppleALC and neither have worked.

@balag59,

I think the issue lies in your DSDT ... you have references to all of the following

HDEF, HDAU, B0D3

Which I think is unusual ...

I cant open your ioreg file ... which is probably down to the wrong version being installed.
Please use Version 2.1 from this post :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@balag59,

I think the issue lies in your DSDT ...

You have all three of the following devices

HDEF, HDAU, B0D3

Which is a bit unusual as normally there is only two of these three devices defined

In your config.plist your renaming BD03 to HDAU which is causing a conflict as you will now have two HDAU devices defined in your DSDT ....

To begin with i would try disabling the B0D3 -> HDAU Rename Fix/Patch and see what that does ...

I cant open your ioreg file ... which is probably down to the wrong version being installed.
Please use Version 2.1 from this post :-

Cheers
Jay

Thank you for the guidance! Unfortunately, disabling that renaming patch didn't change anything. Here is the updated copy of my debug report and a copy of my IOReg file that was generated using Version 2.1. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• debug_10688.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IORegCopy.ioreg
    13.4 MB · Views: 88
Thank you for the guidance! Unfortunately, disabling that renaming patch didn't change anything. Here is the updated copy of my debug report and a copy of my IOReg file that was generated using Version 2.1. Please let me know if you need anything else.

@balag59,

Thanks for the updated files ... I still think the issue lies in your DSDT ...

There are existing references to HDAU already in the DSDT but there is no device method for it ?? so it's possible that it may be in a SSDT ... so the BD03 rename to HDAU will cause a conflict ... at least i think it may ...

I'll have a think and a closer look at you SSDT tables and get back to you if i have any ideas ..

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@balag59,

I've looked through your DSDT and SSDT's ...

The ACPi device descriptor code for HDEF seems incomplete as does the code for BD03, for instance there are no _INI methods ... and i don't understand why there are references to HDAU when there are no associated methods/devices.

It's a strange one for sure ....

I don't have any experience with Broadwell based systems and it looks like things are done a bit differently.

I think as it stands your DSDT is going to need to be patched with additional code using some SSDT hot patches, however I'm no expert on ACPI code writing so this needs to be passed up the chain, the man for the job here would be @RehabMan but he is taking a break from the forums for a while.

There are some good coders on the official AppleALC support thread, so if i was you thats where i would go for advice.

Post that you trying to use AppleALC on your Broadwell based laptop but you think that your DSDT needs some patching in order for it to work, attach your debug zip file from post #428.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Cheers
Jay

@balag59,

I've looked through your DSDT and SSDT's ...

The ACPi device descriptor code for HDEF seems incomplete as does the code for BD03, for instance there are no _INI methods ... and i don't understand why there are references to HDAU when there are no associated methods/devices.

It's a strange one for sure ....

I don't have any experience with Broadwell based systems and it looks like things are done a bit differently.

I think as it stands your DSDT is going to need to be patched with additional code using some SSDT hot patches, however I'm no expert on ACPI code writing so this needs to be passed up the chain, the man for the job here would be @RehabMan but he is taking a break from the forums for a while.

There are some good coders on the official AppleALC support thread, so if i was you thats where i would go for advice.

Post that you trying to use AppleALC on your Broadwell based laptop but you think that your DSDT needs some patching in order for it to work, attach your debug zip file from post #428.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Cheers
Jay
Thank you for putting in so much effort on my behalf! I really appreciate it! I shall do as you said.

Cheers,
Jay and everyone on the board, i have been searching for one very specific thing but haven't found much info about it.

Do you know if it is possible to use the iGPU to as the default and the dGPU ports to send the signal to the screens?

I have a 1060, not supported in Mojave but my Intel 4600 is working perfectly, issue is my motherboard has a DVI+VGA output, and as we know VGA cannot output very large resolutions and not supported anymore in new screens. Even with a VGA2HDMI adapter i cannot output 2560x1440. But if i could passthrough to the nvidia ports i could use both screens.

Is this at all possible? I'm asking here because Lilu and WhateverGreen fixed all my GPU problems and seems like the tool for fixing this type of issues.

Thank you for any info someone can provide.

Do you know if it is possible to use the iGPU to as the default and the dGPU ports to send the signal to the screens?

Is this at all possible? I'm asking here because Lilu and WhateverGreen fixed all my GPU problems and seems like the tool for fixing this type of issues.

@AlienHrGig,

It is not possible to passthrough dGPU to IGPU ports (or vice-versa) on MacOS, if you want to stick with your Nvidia GPU then your best bet would be to use High Sierra with latest Nvidia web drivers, connect your displays to the Nvidia card and configure IGPU as headless.

If you want to run Mojave with your current hardware then your only option is to use IGPU and disable the Nvidia via software method :-

Switched IGPU and dGPU is only available on Macbook Pro models that have dedicated Apple hardware, it is not even possible to use Nvidia Optimums which must be disabled to run MacOS.

If you want to run Mojave with hardware acceleration then update to AMD RX 580/590 or Vega dGPU.

Cheers
Jay

Back