Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

@CaseySJ,

Hummmm that explains why I wasn't able to resolve the issue for @asheenlevrai, I got him to patch the Azul framebuffer but also had him using WhatEeverGreen ... seems the two are mutually exclusive.

Would be good to further understand exactly why the two methods would not play nicely together and submit the final solution to the WEG developers for inclusion in a future release.

Cheers
Jay
Yes there appears to be an incompatibility between the patched Azul framebuffer and WhateverGreen. This may also explain why @asheenlevrai's attempt to increase VRAM to 2GB failed -- if he used WhateverGreen to patch the VRAM.

Is WhateverGreen supposed to make the necessary system modifications for enabling 4K on a Haswell CPU without requiring users to patch the Azul framebuffer themselves? If so, I can certainly log a bug.
Weg alone (without patch for Azul framebuffer) did not work either...
You may be able to increase VRAM though the CLOVER Graphics page, but I'm not sure if this has been deprecated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 9.37.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 9.37.32 AM.png
    685.7 KB · Views: 77
Thank you SO MUCH for this guide! With it I have been able to get WhateverGreen and Lilu installed and running properly for the first time in my hack.

I'm still having trouble with DRM content playback in iTunes, though. I'm running a Sapphire Radeon 580 (actually a pair of them), and I have enabled my iGPU in the BIOS. I'm using one of the two known headless PlatformIDs for my system configuration (I have an I7-8700K processor with an Intel UHD 630 iGPU), though it doesn't match the SMBIOS PlatformID for the closest configuration to my computer- the iMac 18,3.

I've attached screenshots from Hackintool and Clover Configurator. Is anyone else running this processor that has successfully gotten DRM to work?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 10.20.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 10.20.49 PM.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 10.21.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 10.21.01 PM.png
    579.4 KB · Views: 78
Thank you SO MUCH for this guide! With it I have been able to get WhateverGreen and Lilu installed and running properly for the first time in my hack.

I'm still having trouble with DRM content playback in iTunes, though. I'm running a Sapphire Radeon 580 (actually a pair of them), and I have enabled my iGPU in the BIOS. I'm using one of the two known headless PlatformIDs for my system configuration (I have an I7-8700K processor with an Intel UHD 630 iGPU), though it doesn't match the SMBIOS PlatformID for the closest configuration to my computer- the iMac 18,3.

I've attached screenshots from Hackintool and Clover Configurator. Is anyone else running this processor that has successfully gotten DRM to work?
iTunes DRM content is working fine for me. Same details as you displayed by Hackintool. Here's my CC Devices page:

iTunes DRM content is working fine for me. Same details as you displayed by Hackintool. Here's my CC Devices page:
View attachment 387801

Has Clover Configurator changed its UI very recently? I don't have the Abitrary/Properties buttons at the bottom of my Devices page. My Devices page screenshot looks quite a bit different from yours! Maybe I have my properties in the wrong place?

Has Clover Configurator changed its UI very recently? I don't have the Abitrary/Properties buttons at the bottom of my Devices page. My Devices page screenshot looks quite a bit different from yours! Maybe I have my properties in the wrong place?
Version 5.4.1.1

Version 5.4.1.1

Well, that was part of the problem! I downloaded Clover from here instead of from the developer's site and had a really old version. Updated to the latest and fixed the Devices page, but still no luck with DRM content. Updated screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.19.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.19.31 PM.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 86
Well, that was part of the problem! I downloaded Clover from here instead of from the developer's site and had a really old version. Updated to the latest and fixed the Devices page, but still no luck with DRM content. Updated screenshot attached.
Still different from my settings. Give them a try.

Do you have shikigva boot argument?

Still different from my settings. Give them a try.

Do you have shikigva boot argument?

I just updated my properties to look like your settings. Also added the shikigva flag (I've had that in there off and on since I've been trying to make this work. Still no luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.37.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.37.56 PM.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.47 PM.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 83
Try removing the shikigva flag - I don't have it.

Try removing the shikigva flag - I don't have it.

Still no luck. :( Could this be an HDMI port issue? I know that sometimes Mac OS gets cranky if you use a port it doesn't like.

Back