Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

I did that and my rig wouldn't boot.....
  • Shouldn't the AAPL,ig-platform-id in the AFTER version match the one in the BEFORE version? Or was it intentional to change it?
  • Was framebuffer-unifiedmem necessary? cause it's gone in the AFTER version

@asheenlevrai,

The PlatformID 0A260006 in the After version is for HD 5000 IGPU, since you have HD 4600 IGPU change the Device Property AAPL,ig-platform-id to the value you used in the Before version, sorry my bad there I should have spotted that before getting you to try that code.

The framebuffer-unifiedmem value in the Before version is to bump up the VRAM to 2GB you can put it back in the After version.

Try making those changes and see if it helps.

PS: A quick tip, as long as you keep the Before version of your config.plist in /EFI/Clover/ and call it "config-before.plist" you can select which config.plist you want to use by going to Options -> Configs, that way you can select the Before version if the After Version does not boot or causes a KP.

Cheers
Jay

PS: A quick tip, as long as you keep the Before version of your config.plist in /EFI/Clover/ and call it "config-before.plist" you can select which config.plist you want to use by going to Options -> Configs, that way you can select the Before version if the After Version does not boot or causes a KP.
Sorry, how would I do that?
clover configurator?
clover GUI (boot screen)?

Thank you so much
-a-

The PlatformID 0A260006 in the After version is for HD 5000 IGPU, since you have HD 4600 IGPU change the Device Property AAPL,ig-platform-id to the value you used in the Before version, sorry my bad there I should have spotted that before getting you to try that code.

The framebuffer-unifiedmem value in the Before version is to bump up the VRAM to 2GB you can put it back in the After version.

Try making those changes and see if it helps.

Attachments

• IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 61

Hi,
Sorry to insist but I'd be happy to know how to do that :) The part in red is not clear to me.

Tx
-a-

Hi, Sorry to insist but I'd be happy to know how to do that :) The part in red is not clear to me.

@asheenlevrai,

The feature has been in Clover for a long time, at the clover menu select the options icon, then in the sub menu select "Configs" .. it will the list all the files ending in .plist in the /EFI/Clover folder .. select the one which you knows works if your unable to boot after making changes to the default config.plist file.

Note: If your not using the "Auto=Yes" option in your config.plist then you must have the "Tool" option enabled in the config file to see the "Options" icon :-

Cheers
Jay

Thank you so much for your help :)

On this thread @CaseySJ found a solution to my problem and I have now 4K over DP with HD4600.

Best,
-a-

@asheenlevrai,

Thats great news, when it comes to IGPU framebuffer patching @CaseySJ is the man :headbang:.

Cheers
Jay
Truth be told, I found a thread in which a solution had previously been discovered and verified on Mojave. It was then just a matter of copying the solution correctly. Solution involves patching the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and enabling Inject Intel. If we attempt to specify Platform ID and Device ID using WhateverGreen (devices --> properties) the patch does not work. I've asked @asheenlevrai for a copy of the CLOVER folder and a screenshot of /L/E in order to more fully understand the components that contributed to 4K finally being activated.

Solution involves patching the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and enabling Inject Intel. If we attempt to specify Platform ID and Device ID using WhateverGreen (devices --> properties) the patch does not work.

@CaseySJ,

Hummmm that explains why I wasn't able to resolve the issue for @asheenlevrai, I got him to patch the Azul framebuffer but also had him using WhatEeverGreen ... seems the two are mutually exclusive.

Would be good to further understand exactly why the two methods would not play nicely together and submit the final solution to the WEG developers for inclusion in a future release.

Cheers
Jay

@CaseySJ,

Hummmm that explains why I wasn't able to resolve the issue for @asheenlevrai, I got him to patch the Azul framebuffer but also had him using WhatEeverGreen ... seems the two are mutually exclusive.

Would be good to further understand exactly why the two methods would not play nicely together and submit the final solution to the WEG developers for inclusion in a future release.

Cheers
Jay
Weg alone (without patch for Azul framebuffer) did not work either...

Back