Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Trying to go for "headless platformID" solution on ivybridge ..
with HD-4000 IGPU PlatformID's = 0x01620006 or 0x01620007 FBPatcher says : Model(s) Unknown (My SMBIOS is imac13,2 in clover) it gives the following values:

@zedoc,

0x01620006 and 0x01620007 are the correct headless PlatformID's for Ivy Bridge CPU's:-

Code:
ID: 01620006, STOLEN: 0 bytes, FBMEM: 0 bytes, VRAM: 256 MB
TOTAL STOLEN: 0 bytes, TOTAL CURSOR: 0 bytes, MAX STOLEN: 0 bytes, MAX OVERALL: 0 bytes
GPU Name: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Model Name(s): Unknown
Freq: 1808 Hz, FreqMax: 1808 Hz
Mobile: 0, PipeCount: 0, PortCount: 0, FBMemoryCount: 0

ID: 01620007, STOLEN: 0 bytes, FBMEM: 0 bytes, VRAM: 256 MB
TOTAL STOLEN: 0 bytes, TOTAL CURSOR: 0 bytes, MAX STOLEN: 0 bytes, MAX OVERALL: 0 bytes
GPU Name: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Model Name(s): Unknown
Freq: 1808 Hz, FreqMax: 1808 Hz
Mobile: 0, PipeCount: 0, PortCount: 0, FBMemoryCount: 0

Above PlatformID data dumps show there are no physical ports (connectors) associated with them (PortCount = 0) hence the reason the connector info in FB-Patcher is all zero's which is normal and expected when using Headless PlatformID. You can also see that neither 0x01620006 or 0x01620007 has a Mac Model Name associated which is why FB-Patcher reports "Model(s) Unknown" as it shares the same database.

As the guide states iMac13,X is the correct SMBIOS type to use for Ivy Bridge CPU's, you can use MacTracker to find the best match ... Primary match should be based on CPU type.

I Can see nothing wrong so all should work fine ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
First check the native name of your HDA device by opening your vanilla (without edits) DSDT in MaciASL and search for "HDEF", if no results are found then try searching for "HDAS" if that search fails try searching for "AZAL"

If your HDA device is called "HDEF" then there is no need to rename the device, however if it is called "HDAS" then add the following Clover rename patch to the "Clover/ACPI/Patches" section of your config.plist :-

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change HDAS to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    SERBUw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SERFRg==
                    </data>
                </dict>

Is the HDAS to HDEF patch still necessary when using AppleALC? I've had my build for some time, and it WAS necessary when using a different audio method some time ago. However, since switching to AppleALC and disabling this patch, I can see in IORegistry that the rename occurred.

Audio works fine, and no issues. I'm just curious if there's been a recent change to AppleALC that handles this rename? Kind of like how WhateverGreen handles GFX0 to IGPU, PEG0 to GFX0, and HECI to IMEI. Thoughts?

Is the HDAS to HDEF patch still necessary when using AppleALC? ..... I can see in IORegistry that the rename occurred .... I'm just curious if there's been a recent change to AppleALC that handles this rename? Kind of like how WhateverGreen handles GFX0 to IGPU, PEG0 to GFX0, and HECI to IMEI.

@ManHands,

Yes it quite possible that AppleALC now handles the HDAS and AZAL to HDEF ACPI rename now, it didn't when i wrote the guide but as you say just like WEG has gradually taken on doing the IGPU ACPI renames (and it does a much better job than Clover) its more than likely that AppleALC now handles this as confirmed by HDEF being in your ioreg.

I'll Check the AppleALC source code over the weekend and update the guide if this is the case.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Very Nice guide..

Has no one noticed the 'headless' icon in FB-Patcher yet? :lol:

Has no one noticed the 'headless' icon in FB-Patcher yet? :lol:

@headkaze,

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 22.46.33.png

Very Sneaky .... Very Subtle .... Very Funny .... Nice job buddy

Only took ~2.5 Months since this post ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must admit i missed it until your post above, but will be sure to mention it in the next update to guide ...

Luv your work dude ...
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Must admit i missed it until your post above, but will be sure to mention it in the next update to guide ...
I'm glad you got a kick out of it :cool: It was of course implemented based on your request.

Just a heads up Intel FB-Patcher has been renamed to Hackintool. There is a new version coming out soon but you can check out an early release here. It's going to take a bit of work updating everything with the new name and screenshots etc. but I will probably do it sometime this coming week.

I'm glad you got a kick out of it

@headkaze,

Yes, it made me smile and chuckle when i saw the new icon ... Its perfect :)

Just a heads up Intel FB-Patcher has been renamed to Hackintool. There is a new version coming out soon but you can check out an early release here. It's going to take a bit of work updating everything with the new name and screenshots etc. but I will probably do it sometime this coming week.

Appreciate the heads-up, once you release i'll go through my guide and replace all references to FB-Patcher with 'Hackintool', the new name make sense as FB-Patcher has now become more of a Swiss Army Knife utility.

It's a fantastic little app and pretty much now an essential utility in our Hackingtosh toolbox as far as I'm concerned.

One small but useful suggestion for the new release ... and yes it relates to headless PlatformID's again ...

Identify the Headless id's in the PlatfromID drop down selection menu ... maybe with a '(H/L)' suffix or even your funky new headless icon (although it may not scale well to the small size required for the drop down).

That way it would be possible for users to identify and select a headless id without referencing a guide, no rush and not critical .... just a suggestion to put on your list for when you get board and looking for something to do ;););)

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
With my setup I decided to enable my IGPU so I setup a headless mode But I noticed I've lost my audio.

IGPU = disabled
Audio IGPUoff.png

IGPU = enabled.

Audio IGPUon.png

What do I need to do next? TIA

Thats how its setup and works fully when igpu is disabled in the bios. As soon as i enable it, I lose all sound.

It also seems that other users with this board using IGPU only have no sound too. Could be a conflict somewhere?

Update:

Started from scratch and followed the guide more closely.

Removed my HDAS to HDEF as its already listed But with it and my IGPU disabled I have full audio. Followed the rest of the guide and it looks like an issue with HPET. Cant find any settings in my bios and even after patching my DSDT, still no joy.

Ive attached my debug report, if someone would be so kind to tell me what's going on exactly.

Attachments

• HDEF.png
    HDEF.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 80
  • AppleHDA.png
    AppleHDA.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 72
  • debug_5935.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Back