Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Hey,
I walked through the description and after the restart MacOS is not starting. I can see the logo and the status bar and then nothing...
The only thing I can imagine is I changed the System Definition in SMBIOS. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Any ideas on how to get it running again?

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Open System Preferences - iCloud : Click Sign Out
Disconnect from the network then Restart
Copy the Serial Number and check it on http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/
Open the https://checkcoverage.apple.com site and paste your Serial Number into the box
Quit Safari
Clover Configurator is now able to generate SmUUID numbers for you :
Quit Clover Configurator.
Restart
If the two copies are the same you may reconnect to the network and proceed to set up iMessage.
Should we check serial on another computer during these steps, since you've said to reconnect to the network after all the steps given. Do I get this correct?

I could be super wrong but I have tried to use many Apple ID's to get my messages working. I've followed every guide possible and nothing. Then my brother tried his that he's had for many years that does not have TFA and it worked right away. Then I remembered I had an Apple ID that I've had from years ago, without TFA and it worked right away.

Not sure if one could turn TFA off and see if it works. I refuse to turn TFA on my working Apple ID due to not wanting to lose my iMessage and FaceTime on my hack.

I haven't yet signed into any icloud services, because one thing I've been worried about: what happens if I generate a good serial number and board sn, that is not being used right now, but later apple uses it for a real machine? Or maybe even some other hackintosh user? Is it possible that would be some ticking bomb that gets my apple id banned?

We all take the risk (if any) everyday lol. You'll be fine. More than likely your Mac model is not being sold in stores anymore to get an official registration of a serial number.

I don't know what's going on at apple but something is. I've had a working serial and setup for many years. i've had no changes on my end and imessagedebug still shows all valies good to go, but out of blue yesterday they blacklisted serial.

I confirmed it was serial they blacklisted because I generated a new valid format one that's not used by apple and restored imessage. but then 24 hours later, they blacklisted the new serial. I've verified everything is perfect to the T. Hardware NVram good, imessagedebug sound and identical between reboots, updates, etc. eithernet good, date and time good, app store and itunes good. imessage and facetime fail to authenticate on hack (work fine from ipad, iphone so not imessage account either)

The original serial I was using had been hard whitelisted by apple years ago, well until yesterday when they suddenly blacklisted it out of blue. a serial that was never used by anyone else. the new one I generated i hadn't had to call to whitelist it yet so that's my next step I suppose but it doesn't explain why the one that had already been whitelisted was suddenly blacklisted yesterday

EDIT, it occured to me someone might have matched my uuid or generated the serial I had used the last few years. the UUid was unique to my board, but that doesn't mean someone didn't generate it. serial, was a generated one from a 2008 mac pro, maybe people stll generate those? In any case, I decided to go all out with clean everything, new rom (changed from mac address 1 to mac address 2), new UUid, new serial. imessage is again working, and i cleaned the old macs off icloud account to keep number small. will see if apple blacklists, if they do I'll call support and explain that my motherboard fried and needed replacing.

Last edited:
Back