Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Doesn't work. Once I try to login, it sends me 2FA to all other (original) devices and then says I need to contact tech support.

Last edited:
Same here. Followed it all and still shows a message asking me to contact Apple's support.

Hey! And thanks a lot for making these very clear instructions! Despite the awesomeness I have two questions regarding them:

Does this mean that you need to have a connection to the internet or is ethernet connection to LAN sufficient?

This is really the most important thing i'm wondering about: Does the network connection initially used to setup iMessage need to be the above mentioned ethernet connection (built-in en0) or can i use another connection to set it up (wifi card or usb tethering via horndis)?

Just to explain why i'm asking this is that i've just installed Sierra on an HP Elite 8300 desktop and followed your instructions making sure the ethernet connection is detected as en0 built-in. Now, i've done all this with the ethernet cable connected to a lan router (to get the required ethernet connection), but i don't have an ethernet connection to the internet and i'm going to get a wifi card to connect to the interwebz.
I suspect many people nowadays are in a similar situation in not having an ethernet connection to the internet and for that reason i think this clarification would be beneficial for the instructions!

Cheers

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

"Open System Preferences - iCloud : Click Sign Out"
I can't see a way to do that in Catalina.
At the top of the System Preferences is Apple ID and Family Sharing.
There no longer appears to be a log out of iCloud option

There no longer appears to be a log out of iCloud option
That's correct, many things have changed since the guide was written more than three years ago but a few moments with Google would provide you with the answer :

Click on  > System Preferences. Click on Apple ID ( iCloud icon as an option is no longer available in macOS Catalina) Click on Overview on the left panel. Click on 'Signout' at the bottom to log out of your Apple ID and iCloud.

I have added this information to the guide.

Hi I won to tell you about my last experiance with iMassages.
So I create more then 50 machine and all work perfect, but at last year iMassages didn't work on any Apple ID.
So there is some old apple ID witch is work on any any machine, but new one or few did't work on any hackintosh machine. I play with one machine 2 mouth to active but no luck..So any time wen I trying to active with one of my new Apple ID is comming massage like this #1 photos ( I hide some info ) and that's it. Even I try after this msg to add my old apple ID and iMassages start to work without problem. I trying to me it invers Firs my old ID...to work after that new Apple ID and again same msg.. So I will not told you how many time I reinstall machine and make all step by step guide. I create many many new User accounts, I check twice NVRAM , serial number and everything say OK OK OK. and iMassages not work. So what I do
0. IF YOU TRY THIS YOU SHOULD HAVE NATIVE WIRELESS / BLUETOOTH like BCM94360CD I exlpain why latter.
1. first guide step by step.
2. check serial in apple site.
3. open hacktools and check what program sey about serial #2 photos !!! SHOULD WRITE POSSIBLY
4. check you NVRAM work or not.
5. IF your thing are everything are check all guide/nvram/serial should restart machine.
6. go to icloud.com and apple.account to see is there is you machine
7. Active FIND MY MAC. Enable Location Services in Security and Privacy
8. try to active iMessages and should see MSG like #1 photos.
SO now how to active via calling apple support center. :) very funny but my work. even they connect to my computer and make it remote.. on HACKINTOSH.
VERY IMPORTER
Delete all Application from machine . remove desktop app and files. Apple support check you application to see what you use like clover configurator and ioreg... dpcimanager. clean trash... :)
to be sure in you machine make screanshot of Customer code : .. Moment wen you trying to active iMassages #1 photos
remember code. after that restart machine again try to activate iMassages and check code ( should be same )
should down reset bios ( remove battery ) and turn on ( make again bios configuration ) start OS X .. again try to active iMassages IF again code is SAME that mean you nvram and serial are work perfect. IF change there is some problem should start from step 1 in guide.
RIGH NOW YOU CAN CALL support
Remember you should be like IRON on phone , Just say it that you have a problem with activation of iMassages and your custom code is ....... In My case I did not expect to connect in my computer but they Do IT..
I have all hackintosh app in desktop. and firs 5 min of calling was for what I use this app. after my Iron aliby we continued the conversation. So he try something remote but not working again. After that he start to put red arrow on screen to show me were to touch.
They give me arrow to open network in System Preference. thy check my network open one by one LAN / Wireless/ Bluetooth and check my MAC address ( THAT WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE NATIVE ). We continued and next step was create new User with name test. Activate it and again trying to active iMassages and not work again.. after that again restart in my own User and again try to active iMassages and guess what IT WORK.. :) Remember you shoud have active 2FA in other machine or phone. In my case I did't have phone number active on this Apple ID and he asked me lot question about that why I not have active phone on this account. Just told him that Is working machine in office and phone is fix that why there in no iphone on this account.
after that he asked me to remove test USER and he disconect from my machine and that it. Right now iMassages and Face time work perfect.

good luck to all.
Please be very careful and check everything 2 times before making a call
IF THEY CATCH YOU your APPLE ID will be block. also phone number with you call.

Attachments

• IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 15.33.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 15.33.49.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 459
Back