Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

For those who followed every steps of the tutorial but still unable to login iMessage&Facetime

Try this: Add AptioInputFix-64.efi to Clover folder "drivers64UEFI"

FINALLY A SOLUTION THAT WORKED!!! I've been trying to make iMessage and FaceTime to work for weeks. Tried all the solutions I've found online and nothing! THANK YOU!!!

Now if I could only make USB 3 devices to work!

Hey guys when I use Imessagedebug I have SmUUIS: failed and in the txt after I have
System-ID: failed.
Do you think it's not working because of that and if yes why I have that ?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

The Guide said:
It is important that your system should have support for NVRAM. If your system does not have native support for NVRAM then you should emulate it by the installation of EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. This seems to particularly apply to those with Gigabyte 100/200/300 series motherboards but others are similarly afflicted. Instructions for testing NVRAM are here

It works very well, seems difficult but actually easy to do, and I am using thinkpad X220 with macos 10.12.6, thinks!!!

Thanks to this guide I managed to get iMessage working without an issue. Thanks for the very clear description on the serial code part especially (verified on 1, not verified on apple site), otherwise I'd never have gotten it.

So I backed up my High Sierra drive successfully getting ready to update to Mojave, and swapped out my 1050ti for a Radeon Pulse 580. I decided to put the drive on my SATA bus in order to have both bootable OSs. I used a bad cable and fried the SSD with the backup. With perfect Murphy's Law, my main drive is now a corrupted APFS partition due to an incomplete shutdown on the subsequent reboot. Although, I had native support for graphics and HDMI audio exactly one time. When it rains, it pours. I know I'm going to have to do a fresh install of Mojave on the corrupt drive, but my question is, can I used the same SMBIOS and associated settings to get iMessage to work on a fresh install? It was working perfectly before. I have a copy of my entire Clover directory with config.plist backed up via iCloud on my MacBook. This is always the part that is hardest for me to get working.

Back