Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Another dozen (12) numbers generated in Clover Configerator and rejected by Apples warranty validator.
The Guide said:
This is so important that it is worth repeating :
You need a Serial Number that everymac.com confirms is in the correct format and that Apple says is not valid.
It does not mean that it is not a valid Serial Number - It means that it is not already registered.

iMessageDebug works fine in 10.13.4 but shows "ROM: ffffffffffff" in 10.13.6

My iMessages is working with older apple ID's but any newly created Apple ID's gets activation error and customer code ,contact support screen. I even tried creating a new Apple ID on another device (iPhone) and still will not working. I was trying to use a new ID for a family computer because I didn't want to use my "personal" Apple ID ,
Strange but thought I would mention it, may be problem some are having.
High Sierra 10.13.5

Yup, the same thing here. New Apple ID's area returning the Contact Apple Support with customer code screen.
Are there more people with these same issues?

awesome guide, thank you. may you add instructions on migrating messages from a previous 10.13 installation to the new one? was hoping simply copying the ~/Library/Messages folder and assigning ownership recursively would do the trick but it's not so simple. manual migration instructions would be greatly appreciated.

awesome guide, thank you. may you add instructions on migrating messages from a previous 10.13 installation to the new one? was hoping simply copying the ~/Library/Messages folder and assigning ownership recursively would do the trick but it's not so simple. manual migration instructions would be greatly appreciated.
I enable Messages in iCloud and sync and have never experienced the problem that you describe.

I enable Messages in iCloud and sync and have never experienced the problem that you describe.
i've never used it, but nice to know it automatically syncs history with each new machine. i only have the default 5gb icloud package but my Messages folder is 8gb, so wouldn't be able to turn it on anyway. that said, would still appreciate instructions on how to migrate messages from one machine to another.

i've never used it. i only have the default 5gb icloud package but my Messages folder is 8gb, so wouldn't be able to turn it on anyway, but nice to know it automatically syncs with all your machines. that said, would still appreciate instructions on how to migrate messages from one machine to another.
I cannot present you with a guide to do something that I know little about, that being said there may well be explanations in the many Apple support forums elsewhere.

Back