Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

A word of warning, there are a multitude of posts pointing to this thread too also fix the error encountered when signing into FaceTime and getting a activation error , if your iMessage is working but FaceTime can not active I do not recommend following those suggestions as it left me with both of them not working I will go through all of the steps once again and update if it starts working again.

Hello. I followed the tutorial for weaving activation. I went under high sierra. I opened my config.plist on cover configurator and followed the instructions then backed up and restarted. and bad surprise at the restart after the boot of clover I have the Apple logo and nothing happens. If anyone has a genius idea to unlock me, I'll be very grateful.
sad.gif
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Seems like I have to do this every now and then again. Always works.

thanks

I am unable to get iMessage working using this guide. I know this is not a help thread, but I wanted to point out a discrepancy in the guide. In the step where you need to enter/confirm the Rt Variables, my clover has two entries at the top. "from SMBIOS" and "from System" - see attached - which is the proper one to choose to get iMessage working?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 453
I am unable to get iMessage working using this guide. I know this is not a help thread, but I wanted to point out a discrepancy in the guide. In the step where you need to enter/confirm the Rt Variables, my clover has two entries at the top. "from SMBIOS" and "from System" - see attached - which is the proper one to choose to get iMessage working?
Yes, things have changed slightly since the guide was written but the MAC address should be the same in either case.

MAC.png

Worked for me! For years I limped along with Messages operating sporadically and unable to access protected digital content in iTunes. Using this guide I was able to delete the relevant preference files, create a proper profile and generate an acceptable serial number. Within minutes after I completed those tasks, Messages was working perfectly and I could finally see high-definition content in iTunes.

Last edited:
I tired this Guide three times (on High Sierra 10.13.1) and three times without success :( , iMessage still says it could not be activated!

I activated iMessage with this guide couple days ago. It works just fine. Thanks :thumbup:

Back