Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

When i drag a file simpleMLB.sh from Finder onto the Terminal window, click inside the Terminal window and press Return,
I receive a message in Terminal: Error: Invalid serial number (reason: invalid week number)!
What should I do?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

This guide worked perfectly on a fresh 10.12.5 install, thanks so much!

FYI, the github page for simpleMLB.sh says it is deprecated, and to use https://github.com/theracermaster/MacGen instead. That's what I used for mine, aside from that I followed your directions to the letter, and everything went fantastic.

Thank you, it worked for me. I'd left some loose threads after installing Sierra and I'm dealing with them little by little.
Next thing, fix DP audio, since it's only working through HDMI atm.

This worked great. However now I have not LAN/Cabled network. Any ideas to get that back? I use the onboard net.

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

You could probably add your Ethernet connection in System Preferences -> Network.
I have added a note to this effect in the guide - Thanks for your input.
Your question is off-topic here however.

Last edited:
Brilliant!
Worked first time (using definition 14,2)
I have a Gigabyte Skylake /Intel I5 32 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB

Sorry about MB Identity , I am banging this out on my iPad Pro. I will update my system specs later.

I just want to say THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Brilliant!
Worked first time (using definition 14,2)
I have a Gigabyte Skylake /Intel I5 32 MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB

Sorry about MB Identity , I am banging this out on my iPad Pro. I will update my system specs later.

I just want to say THANK YOU!
You're welcome - Happy to hear it helped you out.

This guide worked perfectly on a fresh 10.12.5 install, thanks so much!

FYI, the github page for simpleMLB.sh says it is deprecated, and to use https://github.com/theracermaster/MacGen instead. That's what I used for mine, aside from that I followed your directions to the letter, and everything went fantastic.

SimpleMLB does seem to be deprecated. When I go to the linked page you've listed above I see a warning: 'malware detected'! this makes me a bit nervous to download the file. Is it safe? If so, could the first page of the guide be updated sometime to include the new links: it would save a deal of time scrolling through what is now a very long thread.

SimpleMLB does seem to be deprecated. When I go to the linked page you've listed above I see a warning: 'malware detected'! this makes me a bit nervous to download the file. Is it safe? If so, could the first page of the guide be updated sometime to include the new links:
SimpleMLB is deprecated but it still works for the purposes of this guide.
The malware warning is a false positive.

It would save a deal of time scrolling through what is now a very long thread.
There is no need to scroll through anything, the guide is Post #1.

Last edited:
I did everything and fail, I can connect my iCloud account but I can't download in App Store and use iMessage the notes sync ok even the iCloud Drive and photos works well, what can be ?
here z170 deluxe 6700k my iCloud says that have an Imac 27 connected but clover says Imac 14

The Guide said:
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Back