Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

P1LGRIM, thank you so much - this guide worked flawlessly the first time. Didn't even need to call in to get things working.

P1LGRIM, thank you so much - this guide worked flawlessly the first time. Didn't even need to call in to get things working.

You're welcome - Thanks for letting us know that it worked for you :thumbup:

Aren't we supposed to use the SMBIOS Serial Number and 5 more random characters (letters and numbers) for the SMBIOS Board Serial Number? Because thats what I did for my hackintosh. But man it is good to see a simple and easy steps to setup/fix imessage here in the forum, rather than searching and spending time on google searching for a fix.

I still have some issues with iMessages:

My own - older - AppleID works an real MacPro3,1 and Hackintosh MacPro3,1 (P35-DS4/Q9550) and daughters (H77N-WiFi/i7 3770) after calling Apple support a year ago. Also on iPad2

My daughters -new- AppleID works on real MacPro3,1 and iPad2, but not on both Hackintoshs, even after calling Apple support.

Any idea?

Best regards

Einhorndg

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

It worked for me!!!! Thanks P1LGRIM!

I tried following more than 10 different guides, quite similar to this one. When I came across this, I accepted the thought of just giving up if it didn't work. Man! I'm so glad it did! Thank you so much!

Thank You!! This was the first guide that was very clear and concise about what you have to do to reset all the imessage settings! This is the first time since El Capitan so approximately 3 for me that I can actually use imessage now on my computer.
**I can confirm it works without having a credit card attached to your Apple ID.

I tried following more than 10 different guides, quite similar to this one. When I came across this, I accepted the thought of just giving up if it didn't work. Man! I'm so glad it did! Thank you so much!

That's good to see - Thanks for your feedback. :thumbup:

Back