Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

My iMessage works already without having to mess with anything, unless I'm missing something... I'm able to login and send/receive messages with no problem.

My iMessage works already without having to mess with anything, unless I'm missing something... I'm able to login and send/receive messages with no problem.
That's great!

This is a fantastic guide. I needed a refresher on how to do this with the latest version of Clover, and this was a great reminder. Once I get a working WiFi card and fully configure my laptop, I will use this guide to ensure I have my .plist correct.

This is a fantastic guide. I needed a refresher on how to do this with the latest version of Clover, and this was a great reminder. Once I get a working WiFi card and fully configure my laptop, I will use this guide to ensure I have my .plist correct.

No need to wait for the WiFi, as iMessage needs a working Ethernet connection you can go ahead now.

No need to wait for the WiFi, as iMessage needs a working Ethernet connection you can go ahead now.
Yeah, but once I get the new WiFi card installed, I plan on doing a complete reinstall with a fresh DSDT which is why I'm deciding to wait. Yeah, I realize I could do it now and just reuse my config, but the WiFi should be here any day now.

Does anyone know why my Board Serial Number would should up as totally blank in the iMessageDebug output, even though I inputted a Board Serial Number into the SMBIOS section of clover?

This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

iMessage started working! Thanks so much!

Can I login to icloud now from settings? Can I use FaceTime also? :)

I get this error while logging in FaceTime, but not on iMessage.

You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time.

Last edited:
iMessage started working! Thanks so much!

Can I login to icloud now from settings? Can I use FaceTime also? :)

I get this error while logging in FaceTime, but not on iMessage.

You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time.

The requirements for iCloud, FaceTime and iMessage are pretty much the same.
With a Laptop I heard that there can be problems with FaceTime if the Camera does not show a Serial number (Unique ID) in About this Mac.

Remember that :
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed

Good guide so far, only issue I'm having is that simpleMLB.sh keeps outputting

Error: Invalid serial number (reason: invalid week number)!

Used two different system definitions so far and it keeps outputting that. I'll try the ****** guide for that part though.

EDIT: Hmm, it tried sending as SMS when I first started it up and now it keeps saying every number isn't registered with iMessage. I think it's because I accidentally opened the Mac App Store once.

EDIT: OKAY I figured it out. I wasn't editing the config.plist in my EFI partition. I was checking "About My Mac" and it was still on a 2008 Mac Pro. I redid this guide and it's WORKING! Thank you! (And the simpleMLB.sh problem went away when I edited the config.plist on the EFI partition.)

Last edited:
Good guide so far, only issue I'm having is that simpleMLB.sh keeps outputting

Error: Invalid serial number (reason: invalid week number)!

Used two different system definitions so far and it keeps outputting that. I'll try the ****** guide for that part though.

EDIT: Hmm, it tried sending as SMS when I first started it up and now it keeps saying every number isn't registered with iMessage. I think it's because I accidentally opened the Mac App Store once.

EDIT: OKAY I figured it out. I wasn't editing the config.plist in my EFI partition. I was checking "About My Mac" and it was still on a 2008 Mac Pro. I redid this guide and it's WORKING! Thank you! (And the simpleMLB.sh problem went away when I edited the config.plist on the EFI partition.)

Well done - You got there in the end :thumbup:

Back