Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

didn't work for me using iMac 17,1, but this guide did: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

OK, Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad you got it fixed at last.

This guide works well on my machine using iMac 17,1, even though I ignored the instructions to disconnect from the network.

This guide works well on my machine using iMac 17,1, even though I ignored the instructions to disconnect from the network.

Thanks for the feedback - That's good to know :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback - That's good to know :thumbup:
Hi P1LGRIM,

I followed another guide to fix my imessage, most steps are the same, but I used clover cleard MLB and ROM in the rtvaribles field(leave it as blank) Then I think clover auto put the last part of the SmUUID as my ROM (I see is in the imessage debug)

Is this fine or I should do as your guide change that to "UseMacAddr0"?

Thanks in advance.

Hi P1LGRIM,

I followed another guide to fix my imessage, most steps are the same, but I used clover cleard MLB and ROM in the rtvaribles field(leave it as blank) Then I think clover auto put the last part of the SmUUID as my ROM (I see is in the imessage debug)

Is this fine or I should do as your guide change that to "UseMacAddr0"?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea - I can only advise you if you follow my guide.
Probably not a good idea to use two guides at the same time - Choose one.

P1LGRIM! A big THANKS to your guide! Finally got my iMessage working fully, receiving AND *sending*!!!

The only deviation I did was somehow, my "About this Mac" is insisting using it's own Hardware UUID.
i.e. It's not picking up the generated SmUUID values I've entered in config.plist.

So....

I copied the Hardware UUID from "About this Mac" and pasted that value to config.plist, then reboot and that finally did it! iMessage is now working!

P1LGRIM! A big THANKS to your guide! Finally got my iMessage working fully, receiving AND *sending*!!!

The only deviation I did was somehow, my "About this Mac" is insisting using it's own Hardware UUID.
i.e. It's not picking up the generated SmUUID values I've entered in config.plist.

So....

I copied the Hardware UUID from "About this Mac" and pasted that value to config.plist, then reboot and that finally did it! iMessage is now working!

Thanks for the feedback.

It is normal/expected that the SmUUID differs from the Hardware UUID in about this Mac so no idea why you had to do that.

It is normal/expected that the SmUUID differs from the Hardware UUID in about this Mac so no idea why you had to do that.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought the SmUUID entered in config.plist becomes the Hardware UUID that is displayed in About this Mac.

Anyway, after following your guide, iMessage still wouldn't work... so what the heck, I just changed SmUUID to match the Hardware UUID. That did the trick for me.

Thank you very much for this Guide. iMessage and Facetime run very well.

Back