Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I can confirm that following this guide works perfectly with iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, and App Store. Cannot test Handoff as I'm waiting for my airport card to arrive. Thanks again for such clear instructions.

I can confirm that following this guide works perfectly with iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, and App Store. Cannot test Handoff as I'm waiting for my airport card to arrive. Thanks again for such clear instructions.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Wow - thank you for confirming that. And thank you for taking the time to right such clear instructions on this. Well done. I'll spend some time and re-do my iMac config and move away from using my mate's ROM / MLB.
+1 Big thanks to P1LGRIM for writing up this easy to follow guide on the very complex issue of iMessage activation. :thumbup:

Another thumbs-up for this excellent guide. I managed to fix Messages on two of my Clover/Ivy/El Cap systems where nothing else had worked in the past. Well done, and thanks.

More good news - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

BIG UP P1LGRIM!!!!!! - simplicity it self and most understandable, should go a long way in helping others to grasp what is needed.

Thanks, let's hope so.

Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 21.57.16.png Now here is something completely different! - I have constructed a s/n (after numerous tries and cross checking) with the thought in mind to make it as far as possible into the Apple iMac production line and I came up with one that returned this message on the 'Apple s/n Check' site. I may be wrong but I think this is the result one should be aiming for - whilst it conforms to format, it is not in their data base as one of their's - Pay particular attention to the latter part of the message (see pic).
Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 201855I may be wrong but I think this is the result one should be aiming for - whilst it conforms to format, it is not in their data base as one of their's - Pay particular attention to the latter part of the message (see pic).
Thoughts anyone?

Definitely Not .

What I believe this means is that Apple recognise that they built a computer with that serial number - They have a record of it rolling off the production line but the purchaser has not registered it. Possibly part of a corporate bulk buy.

Anyway, if it is subsequently registered by the actual owner it will lead to problems.

Last edited:
Back