Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Although "An Idiot's Guide" is a little strong (HAHA) it is very helpful. The "How to Fix iMessage" was too advanced for me. This guide was a good step by step and worked perfectly. This is a great guide!

Don't get too bogged down with the title, it just means that if an idiot could follow it then it should be plain sailing for everyone else.

Thanks for taking the trouble to leave your feedback, it helps others to decide if they should try it too.
It's good to see that it helped you :thumbup:

Last edited:
Based on the comments this has to work. I didn't got it worked however. Can i set everything from scratch again and try for another luck?

This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

this is the best guide to get iMessage working without glitches
it works Flawlessly and instantly

pls replace the imessage sticky in the guides with this awesome master work.
im so amped right now...
i hate typing or replying msgs on my phone when im at my desk...

this is the best guide to get iMessage working without glitches
it works Flawlessly and instantly

pls replace the imessage sticky in the guides with this awesome master work.
im so amped right now...
i hate typing or replying msgs on my phone when im at my desk...

Thanks for the feedback - Pleased that it helped you too :thumbup:

OMG. This is the only guide that has worked for me. Thanks, thanks and thanks. Amazing. It's so simple to follow it. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

OMG. This is the only guide that has worked for me. Thanks, thanks and thanks. Amazing. It's so simple to follow it. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for your feedback - Good to see it worked for you :thumbup:

Worked like a charm on OS X EL Capitan 10.11.6 ; THANK YOU !!!! :clap:

I finally got this working. After resetting everything a couple of times, and having the issue where the hardware UUID did not match the SMB UUID, I finally found the issue preventing authentications:

/Users/Shared was broken.

Seriously, that's what it was. No AppleID authentications work if /Users/Shared doesn't exist or isn't a directory (in my case, it was a broken symlink)!

Back