- Feb 20, 2015
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
- GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
No need to wait for the WiFi, as iMessage needs a working Ethernet connection you can go ahead now.This is a fantastic guide. I needed a refresher on how to do this with the latest version of Clover, and this was a great reminder. Once I get a working WiFi card and fully configure my laptop, I will use this guide to ensure I have my .plist correct.
Yeah, but once I get the new WiFi card installed, I plan on doing a complete reinstall with a fresh DSDT which is why I'm deciding to wait. Yeah, I realize I could do it now and just reuse my config, but the WiFi should be here any day now.No need to wait for the WiFi, as iMessage needs a working Ethernet connection you can go ahead now.
Does anyone know why my Board Serial Number would should up as totally blank in the iMessageDebug output, even though I inputted a Board Serial Number into the SMBIOS section of clover?
The requirements for iCloud, FaceTime and iMessage are pretty much the same.iMessage started working! Thanks so much!
Can I login to icloud now from settings? Can I use FaceTime also?
I get this error while logging in FaceTime, but not on iMessage.
You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time.
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed
Well done - You got there in the endGood guide so far, only issue I'm having is that simpleMLB.sh keeps outputting
Error: Invalid serial number (reason: invalid week number)!
Used two different system definitions so far and it keeps outputting that. I'll try the reddit guide for that part though.
EDIT: Hmm, it tried sending as SMS when I first started it up and now it keeps saying every number isn't registered with iMessage. I think it's because I accidentally opened the Mac App Store once.
EDIT: OKAY I figured it out. I wasn't editing the config.plist in my EFI partition. I was checking "About My Mac" and it was still on a 2008 Mac Pro. I redid this guide and it's WORKING! Thank you! (And the simpleMLB.sh problem went away when I edited the config.plist on the EFI partition.)