Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS,
I am unable to get iMessage working using this guide. I know this is not a help thread, but I wanted to point out a discrepancy in the guide. In the step where you need to enter/confirm the Rt Variables, my clover has two entries at the top. "from SMBIOS" and "from System" - see attached - which is the proper one to choose to get iMessage working?

Attachments

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am unable to get iMessage working using this guide. I know this is not a help thread, but I wanted to point out a discrepancy in the guide. In the step where you need to enter/confirm the Rt Variables, my clover has two entries at the top. "from SMBIOS" and "from System" - see attached - which is the proper one to choose to get iMessage working?
Yes, things have changed slightly since the guide was written but the MAC address should be the same in either case.

MAC.png

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Worked for me! For years I limped along with Messages operating sporadically and unable to access protected digital content in iTunes. Using this guide I was able to delete the relevant preference files, create a proper profile and generate an acceptable serial number. Within minutes after I completed those tasks, Messages was working perfectly and I could finally see high-definition content in iTunes.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus B53F
CPU
Intel Core i3 370m
Graphics
Integrated Intel HD Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tired this Guide three times (on High Sierra 10.13.1) and three times without success :( , iMessage still says it could not be activated!

Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
GT 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
I activated iMessage with this guide couple days ago. It works just fine. Thanks :thumbup:

Motherboard
MSI BAZOOKA B250M
CPU
i3 7100 3.9ghz
Graphics
GTX 1050TI 4GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
it works in high Sierra 10.13.2?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
i install iMessages in high Sierra ando work perfectly, but If I send an imessage on the hackintosh, it does not synchronize on the iPhone, can this be fixed?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
FINALLY got this working. My specific issue was "___ is not registered with iMessage" and new iMessage recipients appearing in "red."

Ultimately, the solution was REGENERATING new a serial number and UUID, even though my original values were "valid" according to the guide.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.12 on a "14,2" iMac Hackintosh.

Bravo for an excellent guide.