Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Hi there,
I'm not sure how to apply any of the changes I make to my config.plist. Does clover configurator do this automatically or do I need to hit enter or click apply somewhere at some point?
The answer is in the guide.

When I run imessagedebug it always says my version is 14.2 but I have changed it several times to 18.2 in clover configurator?
That usually means that the config.plist that your are editing is either corrupt or not the one that you are booting with.

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

:headbang::headbang::headbang: You Are the Best...!!!

Many thanks P1LGRIM, the guide worked flawless :headbang:(facetime no errors, icloud no errors, app store no errors) for me despite my computer illiteracy ;-) Kudos, OP really delivered! :clap::clap:
As this is not a help thread, I hope to find at least an answer to which thread would be appropriate for asking for help with messages.app which quits unexpectedly and is so unfortunately unusable. :cry:

edit: oops - and btw. it's the old rig as described in the sig, but now running on Sierra 10.12.6

As this is not a help thread, I hope to find at least an answer to which thread would be appropriate for asking for help with messages.app which quits unexpectedly and is so unfortunately unusable. :cry:
The Guide said:
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Hello,

I have gone through the walkthrough on how to set this up and it seems like everything has passed as per the walkthrough, but I am getting a "You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time"... please contact customer support.

Any thoughts and help? I am stumped...

Hello everyone,

I did all steps from the guide few times but everytime I get the same error "Please contact customer support."

When I generate new SN and other values I can login in iMessage, i see my account preferences but after few seconds it log off me automatically window show up with message "Please contact customer support."

I have called Apple Support and guy there said that he did everything he can to fix this but it's still not working.

Any ideas?

Not a help thread as mentioned in post 1

I've used this guide as well as How to fix Imessage thread. I have reset s/n and smuuid. Then I boot with -f and I try to sign in to iMessage and I get the message that says "Could not sign in to iMessage an error occurred during activation. Try again." I changed my Apple ID password and then it lets me sign in momentarily but I am shut out within 10 seconds and the same error message as mentioned before comes up. Please help? No idea what else to try. I know I'm close but I seem to be missing something.
This is not intended as a help thread.
For help with iMessage refer to the How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Fantastic work. This is the first time I've managed to get iMessage fully working. Thank you so much to the OP.

Now running latest High Sierra, fully working incl iMessage. Guys iMessage is tricky but follow this guide absolutely and you will get there!

I also found this guide very easy to follow and now have iMessage working under High Sierra supplemental update.

Thank you.

THANK YOU! Got my iMessage running!

Anyone using a Z170 these two items were a turning point for me...

If you follow the guide and get a failed ROM in iMessageDebug you may need to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. This seems to particularly apply to those with 100/200 series motherboards.

UPDATE : Clover Configurator is now able to generate Board Serial Numbers (MLB)

Thank you for the guide, but ran through it 3 times and still didn't work for me, Sierra 10.12.6.. Looks like maybe something changed?

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Back