Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

The choice is yours but guides tend to work best when you follow them instead of cherry picking.
The thing is, the system appears to be fully functional. I just don't want to accidentally mess it up while tinkering with some stuff under the bonnet :)

The thing is, the system appears to be fully functional. I just don't want to accidentally mess it up while tinkering with some stuff under the bonnet :)
All that changes is your config.plist, if you save a copy you can revert back at any time.

Good to know, thanks! Btw, does this get FaceTime to work, as well?
All Apple services rely on the same basic set of conditions.

Works perfectly! Thank you for this brilliant guide.

I have not yet tried to configure this, but my machine is already listed under Devices on iCloud.com . Should I delete it from the list and sign out of iCloud in System Preferences subsequently?

P.S. Got a malware alert from Sourceforge before downloading DPCI Manager :-D

I have not yet tried to configure this, but my machine is already listed under Devices on iCloud.com . Should I delete it from the list and sign out of iCloud in System Preferences subsequently?

P.S. Got a malware alert from Sourceforge before downloading DPCI Manager :-D
Yes, you should. You don't really need DPCI Manager to make this work. Just make sure it is en0 on your device.

Thanks, it works now ...:clap::clap::clap:

I did exactly as it said in the guide but still got an error.
I don't know if I was supposed to copy ROM from imessage debug into the config.plist, could that have messed up?
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

The Guide said:
From the ROM dropdown list select UseMacAddr0

Back