Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I rebuilt from scratch with macOS 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store. Used the magic wand to pick iMac18,3 (Kaby Lake 7700K) and generated serial number, then followed P1LGRIM's instructions to generate the SMUUID and Board Serial Number and I can verify that Messages (and FaceTime) work the very first time the machine booted up in Sierra 10.12.6.
Thanks for the feedback - It's good to know that the guide still works with the latest system definition :thumbup:

Confirmed working on 10.12.6 with MacBook Pro 14,3 touch system definition :D

Thanks @P1LGRIM !!!

Upgraded my Hackintosh OS from El Capitan 10.11.3 to Sierra 10.12.6 and Messages would work one day and not the next...
I followed your guide, and Messages works again! Thank you P1LGRIM!

Hey everyone. Great content, it inspires me to try to fix the imessage once again. Im a little skeptical, would you say this would work if I'm getting the call support error on a build where everything else works fine, or it wouldnt make a difference? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone. Great content, it inspires me to try to fix the imessage once again. Im a little skeptical, would you say this would work if I'm getting the call support error on a build where everything else works fine, or it wouldnt make a difference? Thanks in advance.
In my experience, as long as there is no problem with your account then if you set up everything correctly you do not get the call support messages.

In my experience, as long as there is no problem with your account then if you set up everything correctly you do not get the call support messages.

Thing is that some guides regarding the matter say that this error message is a success in its own regard, meaning that everything is communicating the way it should. Could be my appleid issue then. Out of luck I guess :(

Worked like a charm! Many thanks :)

Do I have to go through these steps if my system definition already matches the config as much as possible?

Do I have to go through these steps if my system definition already matches the config as much as possible?
The choice is yours but guides tend to work best when you follow them instead of cherry picking.

Back