Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I get 404 error when trying to download simpleMLB from your link provided in post #1. Looks like the github site is removed or the url changed. Is it possible to obtain the script elsewhere? Thanks!

I get 404 error when trying to download simpleMLB from your link provided in post #1. Looks like the github site is removed or the url changed. Is it possible to obtain the script elsewhere? Thanks!
I will attach a copy here :

Edit : Link in the guide changed to this file too.

Attachments

• simpleMLB.sh.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 5,173
After a slight stumble with the simpleMLB script (I didn't notice the link at the bottom of the post and used several I found online that just gave errors), I can confirm this is all working fine on a system designated as iMac14,2, running a clean installation of 10.12.5.

I've no idea if this is Apple's new overzealous security methods or not (and I do use TFA), but both my iCloud and AppleID accounts were locked, forcing me to change my passwords. Once done, it all seems to work, both immediately and following a restart).

Thanks for all your hard work, @P1LGRIM.

Worked for me!

Only different thing i did was i cleared all options and values in RTVariables. Did not use anything here. In board serial number in clover, i used my os serial number plus 5 hex values to make it 17 digits long at end of serial number. Saved and rebooted. Havent had an issue since. Imessage and facetime working and values are consistant upon rebooting. Thanks!!!

Followed the guide but still got this error:

"Could not sign in to iMessage.
An error occurred during activation. Try again."

CPU : Intel Core I7 7700K
MOBO: Asus Z270 Maximus IX Hero
GPU. : Intel HD630
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

I follow this guide and get iMessage work in 10.12.4 but just updated 10.13 and I cannot get iMessage work anymore.
follow this guide again but Rom and BoardSerialNumber: failed
I did install different version EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts but the result is the same.
The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread.

Worked for me on the first try! It set off a chain of password resets, validations, etc. But it appears to be working. Thanks so much for all of this work. How the eff do you guys figure this stuff out?

Thank you!!!

This was my first hackintosh build. Few minor bumps, but everything is going well. Getting iMessage to work was the "Icing on the cake." Thank you for your guide.

I rebuilt from scratch with macOS 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store. Used the magic wand to pick iMac18,3 (Kaby Lake 7700K) and generated serial number, then followed P1LGRIM's instructions to generate the SMUUID and Board Serial Number and I can verify that Messages (and FaceTime) work the very first time the machine booted up in Sierra 10.12.6.

Thanks again for the guide, @P1LGRIM

Back