Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Just upgraded from 10.10.1 to 10.12.2 and this guide worked like a charm. Never used iMessage before but everything works perfectly
Great - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Thanks so much for this guide. After 3 years of failed iMessage I switched to clover and used this guide. Worked on first try!!
That's good to know - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

now iMessage works greatly. sincronize instantly with my ipad, instead before it did not recognize the recipient as a imessage owner.
anyway, i think it happened in the last 2-3 steps of the guide, my bluetooth died... and i use an adaptor with an original apple card (bcm943602cs)

do you have any idea why it happened?
ethernet is en0 and built-in
wifi is en1, not built-in

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Confirming - working for me on Sierra 10.12.2 perfectly. Thanks!

A sweet tip from me:
If you cannot mount the EFI partition - you need to copy Clover Configurator to /Applications - it requests authentification from there always. :)

Confirming - working for me on Sierra 10.12.2 perfectly. Thanks!
Thanks for your feedback :thumbup:

A sweet tip from me:
If you cannot mount the EFI partition - you need to copy Clover Configurator to /Applications - it requests authentification from there always. :)
An even sweeter tip from me - Use the free Semulov app to mount drives / partitions with just a click (and no authentication).

Great guide, not only iMessage is working but Handoff & Continuity too!

If you are having problems with bluetooth, just switch the connector that powers the bluetooth module!
I just Had some small problems with usb I'll try to get rid of ;)

Great guide, not only iMessage is working but Handoff & Continuity too!

If you are having problems with bluetooth, just switch the connector that powers the bluetooth module!
I just Had some small problems with usb I'll try to get rid of ;)

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

This guide at least enabled iCloud for me, but still no iMessage and Facetime. I guess it's the common customer code problem.

Thank you
I just made it works ^^
after tried it many time.
El capitan 10.11.6

Back