Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Thank You!! This was the first guide that was very clear and concise about what you have to do to reset all the imessage settings! This is the first time since El Capitan so approximately 3 for me that I can actually use imessage now on my computer.
**I can confirm it works without having a credit card attached to your Apple ID.

Thanks for the feedback and the credit card info. :thumbup:

I don't know what I do wrong, I follow the guide, and I can't do the Imessage works. Any suggest?

Thank you in advance.

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Hi

Aware that this is not a support forum and have taken my question to the "right place". Can just confirm that although following exactly all guide this does not work on a new skylake i5 build with both old and new user id unfortunately. Getting the blocked and need to call apple support. I post here just incase more user starts having the same problem. From Sweden.

However many thanks for a simple guide to follow, it does great for troubleshoting!

Can just confirm that although following exactly all guide this does not work on a new skylake i5 build with both old and new user id unfortunately. Getting the blocked and need to call apple support. I post here just incase more user starts having the same problem.

Anyone else tried iMessage with a Skylake processor ?
If so what was your experience ?

Anyone else tried iMessage with a Skylake processor ?
If so what was your experience ?
HI,
I have same problem with skylake processor i7-6700k & asus z170-AR
from now I cannot login to imessage and facetime. I always have customer code and call for apple. I did call twice for apple but cannot fix and didn't receive any answer later as they tole me.
My history is from 06/2016, I called for apple to fix imessage because I cannot login to any idevices. when I login I have error "An error occurred during activation". They fixed for me in 2 days. Then It is working from 06/2016 with no problems until last week. imessage in iMac hackintosh automaticlly signed out but iphone and ipad are still working.
I tried to reinstall 10.11.6 and create new set of serial,uuid, rom, MLB but it always shows customer code and tell me to call apple ( old and new id are the same error but different customer code).
I reinstall and follow this guide but still the same error customer code and ask to call apple. I did a call nearly 2 hours on phone but no fix for me. They told me to wait for 2 days but nearly a week with no call back from apple. thank you

Thanks for the information, just to ask here, which config are you using? Is it an Imac 17.1 skylake that you set up your id? Second question are you from US, i.e. are you using an apple id that was made from within the US? Using her a H170N wifi mITX board.

Regards

The Guide said:
This is not intended as a help thread, requests for help will be deemed off-topic and removed.
For help with iMessage refer to the comprehensive How to Fix iMessage Guide thread

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You guys don't know how many positive vibes your time and work is reaching across the world. P1LGRIM, Thank you!

You're welcome - Good to see that it helped :thumbup:

Getting the blocked and need to call apple support. I called, they said that on their side everything OK! so iMessage is not working.

Back