An idea for Tony... very easy and effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Hi Guys,

Recently built myself an original Apple Bluetooth Module, not so perfecto after all.

It works 100% within OSX Lion but I found that when rebooting and wanting to launch WIN7 it does not work at all in Chimera or Bios, so unable to select partitions on a daily basis. I've been thinking all week of how to solve this issue, prior to even building the device.

Recently figured out that if I use the default partition <key> in the boot.plist file, I can achieve something similiar to what boot camp achieves when you ask it to launch into another OS on reboot.

So a new, yet easy development for Tony and the team.

BootBeast or StartupBeast etc..

Would be nice to launch and app, prior to restart that lets you choose... which partition you want to boot on restart. All it has to do, is alter the boot.plist file in the background to the new default partition. Not so hard for you guys at all...

Anyone else agree, wasnt sure where to post this but here... :thumbup:

Good day to you all! and Merry XMAS.

:headbang:

Or You can simply use a wireless PC keyboard ...
I got one for about $20,00 which have wireless keyboard and optical mouse combo.
I just plugged in usb dongle in my hackintosh pc and it worked like a charm.
Keyborard/mouse are seen as were usb wired devices ...

Here for example
Inland Pro Wireless 2.4GHz Optical Mice Keyboard Combo Set
Amazon
just drop price from $39,99 to $ 9,99

Cheers

PippoX0

pippox0 said:
Or You can simply use a wireless PC keyboard ...
I got one for about $20,00 which have wireless keyboard and optical mouse combo.
I just plugged in usb dongle in my hackintosh pc and it worked like a charm.
Keyborard/mouse are seen as were usb wired devices ...

Here for example
Inland Pro Wireless 2.4GHz Optical Mice Keyboard Combo Set
Amazon
just drop price from $39,99 to $ 9,99

Cheers

PippoX0

Thats not the point, we all want to use our Apple Wireless Keyboards & Apple Magic Mouse. This doesnt work in bootloader, so most users I see here wouldnt mind this solution instead.

No user input required, reboots into new default partition.

Ok sorry i misunderstood .
However, if i am not wrong your solution doesn't work because if you set in boot.plist to boot into Windows partition and you cannot use Apple keyboard and mouse during chimera boot process how can revert to OS X Lion ....

You need something (a winapp??) to write in boot.plist from windows to change boot order or you will boot windows forever ...

The right way, IMMO it will be to enable chimera to recognize Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse ...

I'm wrong ?

I moved this to the Chimera feature requests forum - it may not be able to be integrated into Chimera itself, but it's closely related. :)

pippox0 said:
Ok sorry i misunderstood .
However, if i am not wrong your solution doesn't work because if you set in boot.plist to boot into Windows partition and you cannot use Apple keyboard and mouse during chimera boot process how can revert to OS X Lion ....

You need something (a winapp??) to write in boot.plist from windows to change boot order or you will boot windows forever ...

The right way, IMMO it will be to enable chimera to recognize Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse ...

I'm wrong ?

No you are right actually ;)

How would you boot back into LION when your in WIN7... damn this is annoying.

Wish there was a better solution using Apple Module + Wireless KB + Mouse :think:

What about a "smart" bootloader that waits a second or two to detect any type of bluetooth module?

or maybe even just a very simple almost OS type of program that lets you choose which operating system to boot into from there (ex: mac / Windows ___) but it allows you to use your bluetooth devices?

I ordered a bluetooth module just today that actually works within bios and the bootloader. only drawback, it doesn't work after you try and wake from sleep.

Oddly my Apple wireless trackpad and wireless keyboard worked with my Bluetooth dongle after simply forcing it to detect device in Windows 7.

After a week or two, it suddenly stopped working(nothing new in the hack world). Now I can't get ANY bluetooth items to work in WIN7 at all...it sucks. I feel the OPs pain and wish there was a choice between having two sets of peripherals on my desk.

Sasquatch00 said:
Oddly my Apple wireless trackpad and wireless keyboard worked with my Bluetooth dongle after simply forcing it to detect device in Windows 7.

After a week or two, it suddenly stopped working(nothing new in the hack world). Now I can't get ANY bluetooth items to work in WIN7 at all...it sucks. I feel the OPs pain and wish there was a choice between having two sets of peripherals on my desk.

There has to be some way to fix your problem easily.

Worst case, reinstall your windows operating system. i'm pretty nifty with windows, but new to bluetooth :silent:

Don't give up my friend, you'll figure it out :thumbup:

Sasquatch00 said:

I solved your problem here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41831

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back