Contribute
Register

An idea for Tony... very easy and effective

Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
510
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Guys,

Recently built myself an original Apple Bluetooth Module, not so perfecto after all.

It works 100% within OSX Lion but I found that when rebooting and wanting to launch WIN7 it does not work at all in Chimera or Bios, so unable to select partitions on a daily basis. I've been thinking all week of how to solve this issue, prior to even building the device.

Recently figured out that if I use the default partition <key> in the boot.plist file, I can achieve something similiar to what boot camp achieves when you ask it to launch into another OS on reboot.

So a new, yet easy development for Tony and the team.

BootBeast or StartupBeast etc..

Would be nice to launch and app, prior to restart that lets you choose... which partition you want to boot on restart. All it has to do, is alter the boot.plist file in the background to the new default partition. Not so hard for you guys at all...

Anyone else agree, wasnt sure where to post this but here... :thumbup:

Good day to you all! and Merry XMAS.

:headbang:
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
80
Motherboard
Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Or You can simply use a wireless PC keyboard ...
I got one for about $20,00 which have wireless keyboard and optical mouse combo.
I just plugged in usb dongle in my hackintosh pc and it worked like a charm.
Keyborard/mouse are seen as were usb wired devices ...

Here for example
Inland Pro Wireless 2.4GHz Optical Mice Keyboard Combo Set
Amazon
just drop price from $39,99 to $ 9,99

Cheers

PippoX0
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
510
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
pippox0 said:
Or You can simply use a wireless PC keyboard ...
I got one for about $20,00 which have wireless keyboard and optical mouse combo.
I just plugged in usb dongle in my hackintosh pc and it worked like a charm.
Keyborard/mouse are seen as were usb wired devices ...

Here for example
Inland Pro Wireless 2.4GHz Optical Mice Keyboard Combo Set
Amazon
just drop price from $39,99 to $ 9,99

Cheers

PippoX0
Thats not the point, we all want to use our Apple Wireless Keyboards & Apple Magic Mouse. This doesnt work in bootloader, so most users I see here wouldnt mind this solution instead.

No user input required, reboots into new default partition.
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
80
Motherboard
Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok sorry i misunderstood .
However, if i am not wrong your solution doesn't work because if you set in boot.plist to boot into Windows partition and you cannot use Apple keyboard and mouse during chimera boot process how can revert to OS X Lion ....

You need something (a winapp??) to write in boot.plist from windows to change boot order or you will boot windows forever ...

The right way, IMMO it will be to enable chimera to recognize Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse ...

I'm wrong ?
 

adamsmasher

Data Destroyer
Staff member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
6,815
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-P
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
AMD 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I moved this to the Chimera feature requests forum - it may not be able to be integrated into Chimera itself, but it's closely related. :)
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
510
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
pippox0 said:
Ok sorry i misunderstood .
However, if i am not wrong your solution doesn't work because if you set in boot.plist to boot into Windows partition and you cannot use Apple keyboard and mouse during chimera boot process how can revert to OS X Lion ....

You need something (a winapp??) to write in boot.plist from windows to change boot order or you will boot windows forever ...

The right way, IMMO it will be to enable chimera to recognize Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse ...

I'm wrong ?
No you are right actually ;)

How would you boot back into LION when your in WIN7... damn this is annoying.

Wish there was a better solution using Apple Module + Wireless KB + Mouse :think:
 
Joined
Nov 19, 2011
Messages
69
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
EVGA 01G-P3-1302-LR
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
What about a "smart" bootloader that waits a second or two to detect any type of bluetooth module?

or maybe even just a very simple almost OS type of program that lets you choose which operating system to boot into from there (ex: mac / Windows ___) but it allows you to use your bluetooth devices?


I ordered a bluetooth module just today that actually works within bios and the bootloader. only drawback, it doesn't work after you try and wake from sleep.
 
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
349
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68 UD4 B3
CPU
i7 2600K @ 4.5
Graphics
MSI TF GTX 780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Oddly my Apple wireless trackpad and wireless keyboard worked with my Bluetooth dongle after simply forcing it to detect device in Windows 7.

After a week or two, it suddenly stopped working(nothing new in the hack world). Now I can't get ANY bluetooth items to work in WIN7 at all...it sucks. I feel the OPs pain and wish there was a choice between having two sets of peripherals on my desk.
 
Joined
Nov 19, 2011
Messages
69
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
EVGA 01G-P3-1302-LR
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sasquatch00 said:
Oddly my Apple wireless trackpad and wireless keyboard worked with my Bluetooth dongle after simply forcing it to detect device in Windows 7.

After a week or two, it suddenly stopped working(nothing new in the hack world). Now I can't get ANY bluetooth items to work in WIN7 at all...it sucks. I feel the OPs pain and wish there was a choice between having two sets of peripherals on my desk.

There has to be some way to fix your problem easily.

Worst case, reinstall your windows operating system. i'm pretty nifty with windows, but new to bluetooth :silent:

Don't give up my friend, you'll figure it out :thumbup:
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
510
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sasquatch00 said:
Oddly my Apple wireless trackpad and wireless keyboard worked with my Bluetooth dongle after simply forcing it to detect device in Windows 7.

After a week or two, it suddenly stopped working(nothing new in the hack world). Now I can't get ANY bluetooth items to work in WIN7 at all...it sucks. I feel the OPs pain and wish there was a choice between having two sets of peripherals on my desk.
I solved your problem here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41831
 
Top