Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is not a build thread, but just wanted to post this up as perhaps another option for people who are thinking about making a Mac Pro 2013 look-a-like.

You can buy acrylic cylinders such as this one: http://www.displaysense.co.uk/tubular-display-300mm-acrylic-tube-perspex-round-container.html

At 30cm high and 20cm diameter it is not too far off MP dimensions and being acrylic it may be easier to work with in some circumstances as acrylic cements can be used to add on parts etc. Obviously it is potentially vulnerable to cracking, but as it is likely to be used as a cosmetic outer cover and not load bearing it maybe has potential.

Not going to be taking this on myself, but thought I might throw it out there as an idea.

Attachments

• tu8693a.jpg
    tu8693a.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 463
Before finding a US distributor for the Lunar, I went looking for a PVC thinwall pipe I could use.

The acrylic would have been a lot better. Maybe someone will do a "Visible Mac Pro" with all acrylic case.

I'm think the second case mod will be a re-making of the G4 Cube as cylinder, trying to match the aesthetic as close as possible. But damn if those things don't get expensive fast, especially if you want a really thick piece.

But that's way off in the future, as I have not begun case mod the first yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back