Motherboard
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics
Asus Dual NVidia GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to everyone, I am trying to install High Sierra on my system but I am getting the error you see. How can I fix this?

My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVidia GTX1060, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, 1080P, 2x 8 GB Dual RAM.

Edit: My boot arguments: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1-wegnoegpu nv_disable=1

Attachments

• 20210205_212002.jpg
    20210205_212002.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Hello to everyone, I am trying to install High Sierra on my system but I am getting the error you see. How can I fix this?

My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVidia GTX1060, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, 1080P, 2x 8 GB Dual RAM.

Edit: My boot arguments: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1-wegnoegpu nv_disable=1
I don't think you can install and run High Sierra on your 3rd generation Ryzen system (not without appropriate kernel patches anyway which are not available on High Sierra as far as I know).

You can only try MacOS Catalina or Big Sur on your system with OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later as bootloader. But then the problem is your GTX 1060 graphics card which is not supported on Catalina and Big Sur.

If you really want to run High Sierra, go with a compatible Intel system instead.

I know that your AMD Ryzen remains an enigma for High Sierra (as it has no matching kernel for Ryzen), but as it is x86 based I have a sneaking suspicion it may work if you use a FakeIDCPU for Intel Core i7 or i5 Skylake ie. 0906E3.

Reason I say this is because with my recent Atari VCS Mojave install, the chip was identified as a 2.4Ghz Intel Core i5 despite being Ryzen based. So on that. Also the i7-6700 is a spec/setting used by some on Virtualbox for running AMD Ryzen with macOS.

Okay - using my recent Atari VCS setup, as a proof of concept, I have managed to boot into High Sierra using my AMD Ryzen chip with Vega 3 GPU! I had used my VCS EFI for Mojave, but changed the SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and added no_compat_check as extra measure in the boot-args in Opencore Configurator. This allowed me to run the installer and also boot from my HS install.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05B.png

So theoretically it should work with your setup. You can try my EFI folder to see if it will boot, adding in your MLB, serial numbers, ROM and UUID numbers (lower half section of SMBIOS section only). For board serial you may need to use Clover Configurator to generate, and copy the value over to the Opencore serial board number field.

For Nvidia card recognition, you may need to test by adding in
Code:
dart=0 darkwake=0 slide=0 nvda_drv_vrl=1 shikigva=256
as additions into boot-args.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 821
Okay - using my recent Atari VCS setup, as a proof of concept, I have managed to boot into High Sierra using my AMD Ryzen chip with Vega 3 GPU! I had used my VCS EFI for Mojave, but changed the SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and added no_compat_check as extra measure in the boot-args in Opencore Configurator. This allowed me to run the installer and also boot from my HS install.

View attachment 508094
So theoretically it should work with your setup. You can try my EFI folder to see if it will boot, adding in your MLB, serial numbers, ROM and UUID numbers (lower half section of SMBIOS section only). For board serial you may need to use Clover Configurator to generate, and copy the value over to the Opencore serial board number field.

For Nvidia card recognition, you may need to test by adding in
Code:
as additions into boot-args.
Thanks for your help. First I've tried with EFI folder you attached and I'm stuck on End Randomseed after I've tried with theese args
and I took this error:
20210206_155856.jpg

and with both options, I took this messages before disk selection.

20210206_160117.jpg

Right, at least you're getting somewhere (because you got to the Randomseed part).
If it doesn't work, you won't even see these first few lines appear! On my earlier test without the SMBIOS change, macOS said it won't even support the OS version being loaded!

So going back to the problem, you may also like to try adding
Code:
-f UseKernelCache=No
to that boot-arg and see what happens...

Also one more thing I forgot to mention - you also need to have changed your BIOS settings to be Hackintosh-compatible. By this I mean:

AHCI mode
XHCI handoff enabled
VT-d disabled
SVM enabled
HPET disabled
CSM disabled
TPM disabled
Secure Boot disabled
Above 4G Decoding enabled

Right, at least you're getting somewhere (because you got to the Randomseed part).
If it doesn't work, you won't even see these first few lines appear! On my earlier test without the SMBIOS change, macOS said it won't even support the OS version being loaded!

So going back to the problem, you may also like to try adding
Code:
-f UseKernelCache=No
to that boot-arg and see what happens...
With these args I'm stuck on End Randomseed again
Code:
-v keepsyms=1 no_compat_check debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 -f UseKernelCache=No

and with this args I took same error on #5'th post
Code:
-v keepsyms=1 no_compat_check debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 -f UseKernelCache=No dart=0 darkwake=0 slide=0 nvda_drv_vrl=1 shikigva=256

I'll check my BIOS again. I'm sure I did all of them.

Edit: Someones said to me disable XHCI handoff, I set it to Enabled again also SVM too.

AHCI Mode
XHCI Handoff = enabled
VT-d = not in BIOS settings
SVM = Enabled
HPET = not in BIOS settings
CSM = I Found CSM but there is no enable or disable option. I selected UEFI,
TPM = not in BIOS settings
Secure Boot= Disabled
Above 4G = Enabled

Last edited:
Hmm...maybe its due to the settings I've used on the EFI. It is specifically for the Atari VCS after all...

You could also try this link - I saw this guy has a working High Sierra build on AMD Ryzen + Nvidia GTX 1060 so you should have a better chance of getting it working using this method > github.com/misifiksi/ryzentosh-highsierra

Stuck in End Randomseed Again. I did it with iMac14,2 (this guys did it too) but maybe different SMBIOS can work. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back