AMD ryzen 9 and RX 6800m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Hello, anyone know if this laptop is hackintosh compatible?

ASUS - ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop​

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX​

GPU: Radeon RX 6800M​

Also, was curious if this is the best gaming laptop that is hackintosh compatible?
My price limit is $1550

Hello, anyone know if this laptop is hackintosh compatible?

ASUS - ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop​

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX​

GPU: Radeon RX 6800M​

Also, was curious if this is the best gaming laptop that is hackintosh compatible?
My price limit is $1550
Even I'm expecting

I don't think you can Hack an AMD laptop. I have never heard of any one successfully doing so.

Even on AMD specific Hackintosh sites there are no guides or recommendations for this type of hack. The opposite is usually the case, in that they warn people not to buy an AMD laptop if they plan to run macOS.

I don't think you can Hack an AMD laptop. I have never heard of any one successfully doing so.

Even on AMD specific Hackintosh sites there are no guides or recommendations for this type of hack. The opposite is usually the case, in that they warn people not to buy an AMD laptop if they plan to run macOS.
Yes that's true - but on this occasion I think it can be done because the GPU in question is a RX6800(M).
The RX6800 is supported by macOS Big Sur so I'd think it should be okay.

As for AMD compatibility, my Atari VCS console is a full AMD Ryzen APU setup running Big Sur and even Monterey. It's a testament that an AMD only setup can work on macOS so I think this laptop model should work also.

The Ryzen 9-5900HX still has an unsupported Vega 8 iGPU. And I'm not sure that a mobile RX 6800M is recognised and works just like a power-hungry desktop RX 6800. That "M" is not a minor, optional, feature.
If the RX 6800M is actually supported, it might be possible to disable the iGPU and run only on the dGPU. The original poster should be warned that he'll be the first to venture into this—and that he may well end up running his "gaming laptop" under Windows only.

I stand by my claim that you won't be able to run macOS on this or any other AMD laptop. Buying this laptop with thoughts of running macOS on it is nonsensical.

If it were possible, then there would be at least one guide for such a system over at AMD OSX, there aren't any AMD Laptop guides.

Neither is there a guide for an AMD laptop on the Dortania OC site, Intel Laptops about a dozen, AMD zero.

Do not buy an AMD laptop thinking you can install macOS, you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back