Contribute
Register

AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks ok for me, will see how stable it is.
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.51.17 PM.png

What is nessesarry to make the RX580 appear in the Hardware Info, please?
I didn't do anything for RX580 to appear in hardware info, I have the Sapphire Plus model which should be natively support in OSX.
Other than that you can see in my print screens the settings in Clover configurator.

Thanks,

Has anybody here got 2 x RX580 cards working? Would love to see the performance gains over 1 x RX580 especially for FCPX.
Did you find out anything yet?

Did you find out anything yet?
Hi MacBobs,

This guy said he's only seen a small improvement going from dual RX580 to a vega 64 therefore if your looking to upgrade it may be worth a second RX580 over the more expensive vega64- that's dependant on if you already have a powerful PSU mind you :
Installed the Vega 64 on my 9900K. Rendertime is now between 11.5 - 12.5 seconds with quick sync enabled. Without 13.9 seconds.

The upgrade from 8700k to 9900k did nothing. Dual RX 580 to Vega 64 did give an improvement of 1 - 2 seconds. Not worth the money I guess. But BruceX test is outdated and limited. Real world performance during 4k editing with effect should give a huge improvement I think.

Hello,

I have a hackintosh based on an old Asus P8H67-Evo with 10.13.6 and a NVidia GT220 working perfectly (macOS default video drivers). Since I am starting to do some FCPX edit I found this setup to be a little slow so I bought a Gigabyte RX580 Nitro+ 8Gb card and plugged it. My PSU is a new Seasonic 750W.

I updated Clover to 4630, and installed Lilu & Whatevergreen with KextBeast (system report them correctly loaded)

The system will boot, displays clover, Apple logo displays, the bar will progress then stops at 50/60%, the screen will flash and the computer seems to be rebooting, but freeze with the RX580 fans stopped. I can reset the computer via the reset switch and repeat this cycle endlessly. Removing the RX580 ang plug back the NV220 makes the systems boots again.

I starting to think my motherboard is too old for this card.

Does anyone had the same problems ? (and maybe a fix).

Thanks a lot,

yts

Hello,

I have a hackintosh based on an old Asus P8H67-Evo with 10.13.6 and a NVidia GT220 working perfectly (macOS default video drivers). Since I am starting to do some FCPX edit I found this setup to be a little slow so I bought a Gigabyte RX580 Nitro+ 8Gb card and plugged it. My PSU is a new Seasonic 750W.

I updated Clover to 4630, and installed Lilu & Whatevergreen with KextBeast (system report them correctly loaded)

The system will boot, displays clover, Apple logo displays, the bar will progress then stops at 50/60%, the screen will flash and the computer seems to be rebooting, but freeze with the RX580 fans stopped. I can reset the computer via the reset switch and repeat this cycle endlessly. Removing the RX580 ang plug back the NV220 makes the systems boots again.

I starting to think my motherboard is too old for this card.

Does anyone had the same problems ? (and maybe a fix).

Thanks a lot,

yts

Is CSM disabled in your BIOS?
I looked through your BIOS manual for CSM. I didn’t see any such setting.

In your EFI partition:
Look in EFI>Clover>Drivers64UEFI (orange box In attached photo)
Remove CsmVideoDxe.EFI If it is there

10.13.6 does not require whatevergreen for your RX to work, although certain brands MAY have ports that don’t work OOB. DisplayPort should work.

How many any of each type of port does your card have?

1547946614279.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back