Contribute
Register

AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's really strange.
Post your IOREG after the new config file change. and with the HDMI screen connected to the HDMI port.

You are sure the cable & screen can produce audio when connected ?
BTW, you do not need IGPU to enable HDMI audio.

PS. Thinking about it, your IOREG showed that HDMI audio driver was working BEFORE you enabled AddHDMI. Something is enabling it so you need to investigate what you have added. May be your USB audio ?

Here is the new file, this time I deactived IGPU. The HDMI screen always was connected to the HDMI port since it is the only one that I use.

Yes I'm sure the cable and screen can produce audio because I tested it time ago with a different GPU, in that opportunitie I was able to select "DELL2440" from audio output choices.

I'm definitely sure that nothing new have been added, USB headset always are connected.

Attachments

• 3.ioreg
    7.8 MB · Views: 162
Here is the new file, this time I deactived IGPU. The HDMI screen always was connected to the HDMI port since it is the only one that I use.

Yes I'm sure the cable and screen can produce audio because I tested it time ago with a different GPU, in that opportunitie I was able to select "DELL2440" from audio output choices.

I'm definitely sure that nothing new have been added, USB headset always are connected.
You could remove AddHDMI from the config file and install the latest whatevergreen kext in the same place as your lilu.kext is installed. Update your kextcache with the terminal command: "sudo kextcache -i /" (without the quotes).

how to enable hardware encoding proplerly when using radeondeinit , please?
Is it possible without any other kext ?
What is the exact requirement that Hardware Encoding is enabled ?

You could remove AddHDMI from the config file and install the latest whatevergreen kext in the same place as your lilu.kext is installed. Update your kextcache with the terminal command: "sudo kextcache -i /" (without the quotes).

It seems that whatevergreen is my only option, I will try it and see what happens.
I appreciate you have taken your time to offering help.

how to enable hardware encoding proplerly when using radeondeinit , please?
Is it possible without any other kext ?
What is the exact requirement that Hardware Encoding is enabled ?
Depends which codec you're referring to and using which App.

For me, H.264 with FCPX requires Intel Quicksync (i.e. IGPU enable in the BIOS and then using ig-platform-id value for a connector-less IGPU configuration). So I had to enable IGPU (connector-less on my i73770K ig-platform-id=0x01620007).
For your Haswell, the value is different(I can't remember precisely so you would need to look it up).

For H.265 (HEVC), disable IGPU and AMD GPU will give a better output for HEVC 8-Bit. For 10-Bit HEVC, it will use the CPU (Apparently it does this on real Mac's too). Even with Kaby/Coffe-Lake CPUs' IGPU which does support 10-Bit HEVC encode/decode apparently FCPX does not make use of it instead using CPU.

Depends which codec you're referring to and using which App.

For me, H.264 with FCPX requires Intel Quicksync (i.e. IGPU enable in the BIOS and then using ig-platform-id value for a connector-less IGPU configuration). So I had to enable IGPU (connector-less on my i73770K ig-platform-id=0x01620007).
For your Haswell, the value is different(I can't remember precisely so you would need to look it up).

For H.265 (HEVC), disable IGPU and AMD GPU will give a better output for HEVC 8-Bit. For 10-Bit HEVC, it will use the CPU (Apparently it does this on real Mac's too). Even with Kaby/Coffe-Lake CPUs' IGPU which does support 10-Bit HEVC encode/decode apparently FCPX does not make use of it instead using CPU.
Thank you very much, yeah FCPX and macX Video Converter using H.264.

Hi guys,
moved from nvidia GTX 970 to AMD RX 580 and solved almost all problems (like quicksync, ID platform etc.) but I still have problems with sleep/wake. I followed all the advice in this thread and others but still no luck. When my Hack awakes several programs like Chrome and Final Cut pro X won't run and I have to make a force quit. I need to reboot to make them work again.
I think I'm still missing something. I try to put my config and IO reg here in case someone has a clue.
Don't understand if I need Lilu and WG or not.
Using High Sierra 10.13.4.
Thanks!
Alex

Attachments

• Alex’s iMac Reg.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 157
  • config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 224
I just got a RX580...
It appears in System Report as supported...
BUT the DVI connector does not seem to turn on...
An HDMI connector does turn on.
And a Displayport turns on
Tried connecting more than two monitors, but the other ports didn't turn on...

When I mean turn on, it means that the display is dark.

BUT I can screen share into the machine...

I have a DX58SO motherboard with a hex core processor...
I can upload various system config files if needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back