Contribute
Register

AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the RX580 can be enabled via a spoof or not? I'd hate to have to buy an RX480 for my FCPX editing if they're the same price :(

My Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB works with Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext in EFI-CLOVER-kexts-others. I use iMac18,3 smbios. Only sleep & wake takes a bit longer.

Were you able to resolve the sleep & wake? If I use 18,3 in SMBIOS when it sleeps the screen won't display anything even after several minutes. It only works good with Macpro 6,1. Would you mind sharing your config.plist?

In my Hack iMac18,3 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) I use Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB. This card works with Lilu- and WhateverGreen.kexts incl. sleep/wake.

Hi,

The HWMonitor show's GPU sensors?

Regards

Over at MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section, there are reports the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB cards is working natively. This is due to Apple offering (for sale) to developers that card in an external eGPU unit. Unfortunately, the Sapphire card was a favorite of the miners so the price of the card far exceeds the public release announcement MSRP of $229.
What do you mean by natively ?
how about the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB, should it work also natively ?

Last edited:
What do you mean by natively ?
how about the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB, should it work also natively ?
Natively = supported by Apple drivers in 10.12.6 and 10.13.

With respect to (WRT) the Nitro, I don't know for sure as I made my choice on the Pulse based upon what I read in the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section. IIRC, the Nitro doesn't show up correctly in About This Mac, but might work OK. I know for sure that the Pulse doesn't have the wake-up from sleep problem that AMD cards suffer from.

Update: I learned from reading at the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section that the Nitro+ is a thick card - covers more than 2 slots. One guy rated it a 2.2 slot graphics card.

Last edited:
Natively = supported by Apple drivers in 10.12.6 and 10.13.

With respect to (WRT) the Nitro, I don't know for sure as I made my choice on the Pulse based upon what I read in the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section. IIRC, the Nitro doesn't show up correctly in About This Mac, but might work OK. I know for sure that the Pulse doesn't have the wake-up from sleep problem that AMD cards suffer from.

thank you very much , I have meanwhile read the entire thread you refered to as well.

Does your screen enter the power safe mode just before the macos log screen ? (i get that with a rx 560 pulse)

Does your screen enter the power safe mode just before the macos log screen ? (i get that with a rx 560 pulse)
I don't know what that means. BTW, I added an update note to my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back