Contribute
Register

AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it does, just was wondering if it now worked without that as well, as mac pros(non hackintosh) currently do
Real MacPros can do it because a PC graphics card without Apple EFI isn't initialized before the OS picks it up ie... no boot screen. Hackintoshes already have the graphics card initialized before the OS can pick it up and it freaks out and doesn't know what to do with it.

Real MacPros can do it because a PC graphics card without Apple EFI isn't initialized before the OS picks it up ie... no boot screen. Hackintoshes already have the graphics card initialized before the OS can pick it up and it freaks out and doesn't know what to do with it.
Thanks, that is what I thought

I have meanwhile got a Sapphire rx580 Niro+.

nowuH7L.png

V2gdaxX.png

It woked instantly with teh same config & SSDT as the RX560, but with one exception:
It boots much faster than the RX560, and the screen does not go to standby before the clover menu and the fand do not spin in stand by.
:headbang:

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml
    299 bytes · Views: 345
My Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB works with Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext in EFI-CLOVER-kexts-others. I use iMac18,3 smbios. Only sleep & wake takes a bit longer.

Hi, I do have a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB all is working fine except the sleep option, it does restart at the end of a long waiting... May you please share details of your configuration - I do have a iMac 14.2. Thanks for your support

Hi, I do have a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB all is working fine except the sleep option, it does restart at the end of a long waiting... May you please share details of your configuration - I do have a iMac 14.2. Thanks for your support
sleep isnt working here either

Last edited:
My Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB works with Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext in EFI-CLOVER-kexts-others. I use iMac18,3 smbios. Only sleep & wake takes a bit longer.
I have the same CPU - try changing to the 14,2 SMBIOS and you'll notice sleep might work better.

I have the same CPU - try changing to the 14,2 SMBIOS and you'll notice sleep might work better.
I have the 14,2 definition, but sleep isnt working here,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back