Contribute
Register

AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
FCPX not using GPU for h.264 encoding??? On any VideoCard?
With Mojave beta, it is trying to use the GPU for h.264 but not very well.

After many weeks of waiting for an Nvidia webdriver, I decided to buy a 2nd hand MSI Radeon RX580 OC. It works out-of-the-box!

can anyone maybe give me a quick fix i just updated my system from el capitan to sierra 10.12.6 i installed my new msi rx 580 8gb card and when it boots i cant see clover from the rx580 i can see it if i connect to the intel hdmi port.. i can however boot into system and and use it via rx580 as evrything becomes visible after it loads the os is there something i need to do to make clover visible via the rx580??

I didn't do anything for RX580 to appear in hardware info, I have the Sapphire Plus model which should be natively support in OSX.
Other than that you can see in my print screens the settings in Clover configurator.

Thanks,

Dang mine ONLY works on the dvi port, I have a i59600 no gpu one with only the 580, it works fine after much tweaking. Lilu and whatevergreen
But only 1port. Arg. I’m stuck

Last edited:
I am not too sure why but I don't think I can help you. Maybe someone here who has more experience with using both igfx and a 580 can better help you, sorry.

I only have some knowledge with using AMD video cards.

I need your AMD video cards knowledge please! While installing Catalina the screen would turn black midway through the apple logo. Drove me crazy! I took my RX 580 out and put in my old 5750 and bam installs beautifully! That was a stock unmodified Unibeast USB install. So I been on this mission for a week since I pinpointed the problem. With Catalina working with the 5760 and already installed, I put back the RX 580 and it hangs while loading the apple logo in the same spot as the installer did during the boot process midway. Screens turn black with green flashes. I finally figured out as I layed my tiresome mind and body over my keyboard at 5 am and fell asleep I actually got it to work. Little did I know he computer went to sleep after the black screen so I then was able to wake up the computer by moving the mouse and takes me to the OS login. Ok. I can put the computer to sleep and wake it back up no problem. My issue is Im planning to dual boot with windows for gaming and I can't have that. I entered 1 minute in the energy savings option to reduce the time it falls asleep so I can get into the OS faster while I test. Tried so many things I've must of rebooted a thousand times and haven't slept! I figured I put this much time into this and so I haven't gave up! Help!

Attachments

• IMG_7910.jpeg
    IMG_7910.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back