2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
A best 100% Mac Compatible GraphicsCard is essential for hackintosh world, Specially for FCP X , Adobe Premier Video Editors.

At this point, Nvidia Pascal GPU s (GTX 1050/ 1060/ 1070/1080) are not working with macOS. No webdrivers from Nvidia. The Maxwell Cards (GTX750, 950, 960 970 980 etc) are not available in market right now.

AMD Polaris 10/11 series Cards RX460, 470, 480 are available now in market and support macOS Sierra with the help of any other GPU as primary GPU. Without helper GPU these cards boots in to Blackscreen or No output. But in real MacPro the card boot normally without any issues . Clover updates till now v4047 does not solves the issue.

According to me RX480 is a best performer Card with Video Editing applications like Finalcut Pro X, and Premiere Pro etc , with 8GB of VRAM at lowest price

We want to make RX480 fully working with hackintosh with out any helper cards

is it a Clover or FakeSMC issue?
Any Vbios patch or bios flash solves the issue?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-radeon-drivers.197273/page-196#post-1433331

According to @rhys216 we can boot to mac normally on hackintosh by modding vbios of RX480

@rhys216 any issues on windows after Changing deviceid on VBIOS?

The issue occurs when the Radeon GPU has been initialized by the UEFI before the drivers load, so all workarounds (iGPU, helper GPU, VBIOS mod) are just different means of preventing this initialization. This is not necessary on real Mac Pros, because the Mac EFI isn't able to init PC GPUs anyway.
However, MacVidCards & netkas have developed a method to make PC video cards "Mac friendly", allowing the classic Mac Pro to show boot screens. According to MVC this will introduce exactly the same issues (boot to black screen) on genuine Macs.

So I'm guessing that Apples EFI does the initialization somehow differently, which works fine with the 3D drivers on macOS. Solving the issue would involve tracking down this difference and patching it.

I use the E3 and Rx580 now, facing the same problem, Is there anyone capable of working on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back