Contribute
Register

AMD RX 590 Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacOS has “AutoWattMan” you may be able to use bios settings to undervolt or look into “SoftPowerPlayTable” settings.
Hi @Gigamaxx
Could you provide more detail about AutoWattMan? Where and how can I activate this? I have RX580 Nitro+ that I want to undervolt to reduce the power consumption a bit, will AutoWattMan also applicable for this card?
Thanks.

Hi @Gigamaxx
Could you provide more detail about AutoWattMan? Where and how can I activate this? I have RX580 Nitro+ that I want to undervolt to reduce the power consumption a bit, will AutoWattMan also applicable for this card?
Thanks.
This was used by Apple for Sierra-Mojave I believe, they have dropped it in Catalina and Big Sur. It may still be in HS but I’m not sure. Search for “SoftPowerPlayTables“ to set this, or you may be able to do it in mobo bios depending on your setup. Auto me as auto so I don’t think you can adjust anything unless you create a patch.

This was used by Apple for Sierra-Mojave I believe, they have dropped it in Catalina and Big Sur. It may still be in HS but I’m not sure. Search for “SoftPowerPlayTables“ to set this, or you may be able to do it in mobo bios depending on your setup. Auto me as auto so I don’t think you can adjust anything unless you create a patch.
Thanks @Gigamaxx
I am still on Mojave though.
Just for my curiosity, where do I search "SoftPowerPlayTables"? Sorry for the dumb question, I tried in IORegistry and Spotlight but cannot find.
When you said "auto means auto" meaning nothing can be done about it (as it is native macOS) and can only be tweaked when creating a patch?
Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Thanks @Gigamaxx
I am still on Mojave though.
Just for my curiosity, where do I search "SoftPowerPlayTables"? Sorry for the dumb question, I tried in IORegistry and Spotlight but cannot find.
When you said "auto means auto" meaning nothing can be done about it (as it is native macOS) and can only be tweaked when creating a patch?
Thanks for taking the time to explain.
Sorry for the late response, there are threads here on the site for creating custom power play tables. Use the search tab to find one. There are also SSDT, and the Radeon boost kext which may be workable.

Sorry for the late response, there are threads here on the site for creating custom power play tables. Use the search tab to find one. There are also SSDT, and the Radeon boost kext which may be workable.
Thanks for the pointer. Will look for it to read and learn.

Hello Guys,

I really appreciate some help and thanks in advance.

My gpu acceleration on Final Cut is like zero. Someone can help me?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.06.54.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.02.40.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.02.31.png

My configuration is:

Motherboard Gigabyte Z390-M-GAMING
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake, Cache 12MB, 3.7GHz (4.7GHz Max Turbo), LGA 1151
SSD Kingston A2000, 1TB, M.2 2280
NVMe Vídeo Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Pulse Dual, 8G
HyperX Fury, 32GB, 2666MHz, DDR4, CL16, Preto - HX426C16FB3/8

Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back