Contribute
Register

AMD RX 590 Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Bought a XFX Fatboy, was not working at all. Flashed it to Powercolor bios. now everything is working perfectly...

How did you manage to make the change? I get error "subsystem ids incorrect"

Your are wrong..
try this:
./amdvbflash.exe -i
your polaris 30 should be 1 not 0!
0 is your polaris 10 and you don't want to flash it
so you have to:
./amdvbflash.exe -f -p 1 romname.rom

it's works. I'm writing from my hackintosh with xfx 590 fatboy.
Kind regards
Paolo

xlntpaolo, how did you do it? I'm trying more without success. Do you have any instructions how to do it?

xlntpaolo, how did you do it? I'm trying more without success. Do you have any instructions how to do it?
The quoted command line will work.

./amdvbflash.exe -f -p 1 romname.rom

Please let me know the error you have.
if you run in a cmd as admin the ./amdvbflash.exe -f -p 1 romname.rom you should be able to force you 590 fatboy to powercolor..
ps: romname.rom must be the name of the powercolor rom you download from internet and put in the same folder where you have the amdvbflash.exe file..

have bought the sapphire nitro special edition rx 590, runs oob and macOS shows "Radeon RX 590 8192 MB"
super silent fans, no fan in desktop mode and in games is really silent
I have the same card, but i get "Radeon Polaris" shown as id. Did you something to change this?

I want to thank everyone immensely, It was right, as you told me, this is a marvel running perfectly. Once again, thank you. Great weekend! Success!

Hello! I'm getting an error while opening final cut pro or imovie. The only way around I found was disabling iGPU from bios. I have the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 SE. Do you know a workaround?

Lilu and whatevergreen Kexts.
Hi, i searched for lilu and whatevergreen and got some big "how to's" - looking very complicated. So i just tried to download lilu and your whatevergreen kexts and copied it to my clover kext/other directory on the EFI. And it worked. GPU is shown as Radeon RX 590 now.
Additionally i had problems with finder and mail jpeg preview - no images are shown and application was pending. So i just copied "NoVpaJpeg.kext" to Clover/kext/Other as well and this solved the problem.
Thanks to you guys, my system is running perfectly.

Hello,

Can someone please advice if the "Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 590 8GB GDDR5" is supported in Mojave 14.4.4 Hackintosh?

I have a build, which works fine with iGPU at this point.

I am looking to buy the following "Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 590" card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back