Contribute
Register

AMD RX 590 Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx, et al,

As I continue to read about getting a RX 580 / 590 or Vega to function in FCPX without an iGPU, dezinezync over on ****** just posted this. Wondering if you can confirm this works for you?

"I am on X99-5820K.
In HS, everytime I tried a H264 encode, the entire OS used to come to a stand-still. This has been corrected in Mojave now that the RX580 correctly uses the RadeonFramebuffer in Mojave (as seen here: RadeonFramebuffer-IOReg) which no longer relies on an iGPU as you correctly stated.

I can further confirm that: H264, HEVC 8-bit both use the GPU. Additionally, HEVC 10-bit also seems to use the GPU now.

Transcoding was ProRes 422 to respective format in all cases."

@Gigamaxx, et al,

As I continue to read about getting a RX 580 / 590 or Vega to function in FCPX without an iGPU, dezinezync over on ****** just posted this. Wondering if you can confirm this works for you?

"I am on X99-5820K.
In HS, everytime I tried a H264 encode, the entire OS used to come to a stand-still. This has been corrected in Mojave now that the RX580 correctly uses the RadeonFramebuffer in Mojave (as seen here: RadeonFramebuffer-IOReg) which no longer relies on an iGPU as you correctly stated.

I can further confirm that: H264, HEVC 8-bit both use the GPU. Additionally, HEVC 10-bit also seems to use the GPU now.

Transcoding was ProRes 422 to respective format in all cases."

Mojave 14.1 broke the H264 but Mojave 14.2 is said to fix it. I tested with my Pentium and IGPU disabled in bios and it encoded H264 and 265 using videoproc. Even though the IGPU was disabled it said it was using the CPU. I’m currently in the mountains and away from my home but will try testing again to confirm.

Mojave 14.1 broke the H264 but Mojave 14.2 is said to fix it. I tested with my Pentium and IGPU disabled in bios and it encoded H264 and 265 using videoproc. Even though the IGPU was disabled it said it was using the CPU. I’m currently in the mountains and away from my home but will try testing again to confirm.
Awesome. Thank you. @dez said he'd post his results here tomorrow.

@Gigamaxx i inject igpu through whatevergreen.kext.but rx590 has no hw acceleration on 14.2 beta3.. the cpu is i7-6700k

Did you disable IGPU in bios? Have you checked the card the Device ID in clover? Is it 67DF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back