Contribute
Register

AMD RX 4XX graphics cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 67EO definition is buggy have you tried the FF or EF definition in 4100kext? The latest clover boot loaders if you inject ATI will give you the proper definition.

I use MultiBeast (I assume clover is inside right? Not something I need to install externally?).
When you say "tried the FF or EF definition", do you mean put the 67EO into it's original state and change the FF to DF? Then if that does not work do the same to EF?

I use MultiBeast (I assume clover is inside right? Not something I need to install externally?).
When you say "tried the FF or EF definition", do you mean put the 67EO into it's original state and change the FF to DF? Then if that does not work do the same to EF?

Correct, if you used the EO for the change it may not work. The EF is the easiest lately to get metal support.

Did not work. My guesses that I am doing something wrong.

When you make the changes are you removing the info.plist from the folder by dragging it to desktop? Work on the desktop copy and then save and return it to the folder and you should get "Authentication" and "replace" prompts. Then run kext tool to get repair permissions before you reboot.

When you make the changes are you removing the info.plist from the folder by dragging it to desktop? Work on the desktop copy and then save and return it to the folder and you should get "Authentication" and "replace" prompts. Then run kext tool to get repair permissions before you reboot.
Yes, done that part sure. I worked on a copy.
Are there other changes I need to make? You said inject ATI. I have done that before when used MultiBeast in Post Installation. Was that enough?

So the first changed (I initially made turned out to be the best, it's just that the card is still not recognised by Apple I think). See attached images.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 09.47.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 09.47.00.png
    809.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 09.44.54.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 09.44.54.png
    1 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
You may have to disable SIP. It requires booting into recovery disk and using terminal to type in "csrutil disable" leave the quotation marks out.

reboot computer and choose the recovery disk in clover screen. when you get to the recovery screen click on utilities and select terminal, then type in: carutil disable and follow the prompts, after you reboot then try the changes again.

You may have to disable SIP. It requires booting into recovery disk and using terminal to type in "csrutil disable" leave the quotation marks out.

reboot computer and choose the recovery disk in clover screen. when you get to the recovery screen click on utilities and select terminal, then type in: carutil disable and follow the prompts, after you reboot then try the changes again.

I could not get into Clover Recovery HD. I did some reading and found that Fake is not even present in BaseSystem.dmg inside the Recovery Partition. I did not want to deal with it directly because I did not know what damage it may bring.

What I have done next is:
1. Load Clover Configurator.
2. Mount EFI
3. Generate Config
4. I clicked the Home Icon at the bottom of Clover Configurator and selected the Clover config.plist (attached image)
5. I then clicked on "RT Variables" (attached image)
a. Set Bootconfig to 0x28
b. Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67
6. Saved, reboot.
7. attached result

Attachments

• IMG_7144.JPG
    IMG_7144.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.07.14.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.07.14.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.09.23.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.09.23.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.08.01.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.08.01.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
The Asus and Gigabyte RX 470, 480 were the last ones to get reported working. XFX in the past had a custom bios on their R9 XXX cards, but the RX cards from XFX have all worked well in Sierra. The Asus may be more of a challenge to get working, all the XFX testers had reported success without any major hangups, and all models of the 480 are reported working..

The Asus and Gigabyte RX 470, 480 were the last ones to get reported working. XFX in the past had a custom bios on their R9 XXX cards, but the RX cards from XFX have all worked well in Sierra. The Asus may be more of a challenge to get working, all the XFX testers had reported success without any major hangups, and all models of the 480 are reported working..

TKS! So, will it work without problem with the XFX RX 470 any version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back